PDA

View Full Version : Rough Time Estimate?

Fender963
03-21-2006, 06:49 PM
Okay I know you guys are probably going to say "Shut Up and just be patient" but I'm tried of being patient! :bawling: ;)

i created a new content site with close 30 articles (all unique) and 50 profiles (all unique as well). I have another PR5 site with a link to the new site in it's footer. I spent almost an entire day submitting the site to directory's and related sites with links.

How long do you think I should have to wait before I start to see steady traffic from search engines? Now I know your going to say it depends how saturated your market is and how good you are at SEO. Well i'd consider myself above average when it comes to SEO but my market is also above average saturated.

Kyle

James
03-22-2006, 12:05 AM
If you've done and timed it right you'll get a little traffic within a week or so.
Steady traffic, however, is completely random. I've had sites that, without change, go shooting up the results pages then flop out when they get to the top.

Cutter
03-22-2006, 03:10 AM
I'm actually in the process of seeding some brand new sites. In the past I've gotten SE traffic literaly the next day, but right now it seems to be taking its merry time.

Fender963
03-22-2006, 09:58 AM
Yeah see this new website of mine is actually taking it's jolly old time too and so is actually getting pages in the engines. Right now only the top couple of pages are indexed like index.php and a coupel of the category pages. Maybe i just brought the site live at a super inconvenient time.

moonshield
03-22-2006, 10:00 AM
MSN is usually really quick while G takes its time. Yahoo! comes several months later for some reason. Competition on the keywords certainly matters.

Henny
03-22-2006, 10:08 AM
I just started a site one week ago, already ranked 30 in Google for my main term, nothing yet in yahoo, and #2 and 3 on MSN :eek: