PDA

View Full Version : Another "web design company" with an ugly site

Erin
03-21-2006, 12:44 PM
I hope Chris doesn't mind, but I just had to share this with you. I just got an unsolicited email from a local company that's offering to build a bilingual site for me and host it on their server.

Here's the site:

http://www.cafemecx.com/Public_Cafe/Cafe_Main.htm

:eek: Yikes! Looks like somebody just learned how to use FrontPage!

moonshield
03-21-2006, 01:37 PM
most of those foreign sites don't look too nice my web browser. That one is particularly bad though.

Henny
03-21-2006, 01:42 PM
LMAO! Reminds me of some really bad stuff I did in the late 90's when I was learning to HTML using FP. I had music! COOL! I had a blinking background! COOL! I had color rotating fonts! COOL!

Hehehe, lots of lessons learned since then.

Masetek
03-21-2006, 04:17 PM
Hahahahahaahahh

<meta name="keywords" content="Skype, free skype call, headset, earphone, mic, microphone, speaker, webcam, camera, digital camera, phone, VoIP, free phone call, free international call, China, USA, UK, Australia, Canada, English, Chinese, PC, Labtop, computer, web, IP phone">

LOL. There u go boy and girls, if you wanna succeed as a designer and developer you need something like this!

Ben
03-21-2006, 04:18 PM
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:
Groovy music, albeit one of the worst sites I have seen

mini
03-21-2006, 04:20 PM
Maybe they're programmers not a web designers ;-) - please read their offer (i.e. ' build a BI-LINGUAL site') not an aesthetic site :)

CreationNation
03-21-2006, 08:21 PM
Wow that site is like a time machine! Love the midi!

Cutter
03-21-2006, 09:20 PM
That midi reminds me of Simcity 2000.

James
03-21-2006, 11:58 PM
That website should be taken off the internet and the webmaster charged with unnecessary risk.

Emma
03-22-2006, 10:15 AM
I bet they make a killing in Adsense just from people trying to escape the site!

Sagewing
03-22-2006, 10:30 AM
I bet they make a killing in Adsense just from people trying to escape the site!

:lol:

Doug
03-22-2006, 10:47 AM
I'm not even a good designer and I could do better than that. Everything looks too left to me, and all the moving stuff makes it rough with 56k.

Erin
03-22-2006, 12:04 PM
http://www.cafemecx.com/Public_Cafe/Info/Advertise.htm

This is hilarious. All Comic Sans Fonts (http://bancomicsans.com/), and because of the wording in the ad copy, AdSense is showing Starbucks ads.

most of those foreign sites don't look too nice my web browser. That one is particularly bad though.Well, it's a 'foreign' site if you're not in the US; this site is based in San Jose, California.

I wonder if I should send her an email telling her about this thread, this site, about web design in general, and how to get a site reviewed by professionals.

Vinnie
03-22-2006, 01:43 PM
Eh, a designer having a "bad" site isn't the worst thing in the world. Hell, if the designer is so busy doing work for clients that they neglect their own site is that really such a bad situation to be in?

Now sticking ads all over the place on your own portfolio, that's pretty sad.