PDA

View Full Version : Promotion of brand new website

londongirl
03-20-2006, 03:29 PM
Hello everyone,

I am based in London and I am helping some friends to promote a brand new website called www.21stcenturylove.com.

We have lots of good ideas and good intentions and want somewhere where genuinely unattached busy professionals like ourselves can meet each other with a chance for long term relationship and romance.

However, none of us have done anything like this before and any ideas on website promotion will be great.

The website has been customised with a lot of love, attention and care, and it will be a shame if no one knows about it.

Please help. My email address is contact@21stcenturylove.com

Londongirl

Cutter
03-20-2006, 03:37 PM
How much do you know about SEO and press releases?

Ben
03-20-2006, 05:21 PM
Hey, welcome to WSP. I hope you enjoy yourself

Chris
03-20-2006, 06:56 PM
You might consider a redesign before final launch. Some design elements don't fit well (most notably the big blue buttons).

cyanide
03-20-2006, 09:52 PM
If you are targetting other UK residents, you should consider either a .co.uk domain or use a host with servers based in the UK

Dalex
03-21-2006, 11:35 AM
First thing I noticed - don't just drop in and resize your images through your HTML editor - it makes them look really pixelated. Instead, resize them in an image editing program like Photoshop and resave them at the size you want.

Shrinking them down in your HTML program makes them develop 'jaggies' and stretching, making it really noticeable that you've not really resized them properly.

This will go a long way into making your site not look amatuerish.

As noted up top, the blue buttons dont work in the design either - they're noticeable but hard to read the text on them. I'd follow the reddish-beige palette for those.

Not exactly SEO suggestions, but design counts too! :)

londongirl
03-21-2006, 12:40 PM
Thank you all so much for your comments, please keep them coming. ideas/criticisms in design, layout, sizing, anything at all hugely appreciated. This is exactly what we want in the preview stage!!

There is a co.uk site, which links into the .com

This site is just amazing. i am enjoying it very much

peach
03-21-2006, 02:32 PM
There is a co.uk site, which links into the .com

This site is just amazing. i am enjoying it very much
If you are trying to brand the site as a UK site, you might want to reverse that :)