PDA

View Full Version : google updates daily?

sussmal
11-16-2003, 11:39 PM
I have posted this thread in other areas but I was wondering about this.

How are some sites updated by the min with late breaking news and listed in the SE's? Take the Hilton video, when this was released, tons of sites were listed in the SE's in top placement with this video, or articles about it.

I am working on a new site which offers industry specific information that is up-to the min. How do I get to be listed when news breaks..

incka
11-17-2003, 12:37 AM
Theres a meta tag thing that can tell search engines bots when to visit.

chromate
11-17-2003, 05:03 AM
Is there? I think the only real way of doing it is, when you put up some new news use the addurl page to submit it for crawling. It normally happens pretty soon after (within the next day).

As you get a higher PR and your pages change regularly, I think the bots will visit you more often anyway.

Percept
11-17-2003, 06:16 AM
The meta tag doesn't really exist. I read it in an article by Chris. I'm not sure but I think it's in the "10 myths about google" article.

Chris
11-17-2003, 10:58 AM
When Google detects frequently updated content it crawls that site regularly.

When Google finds new content they temporarily list it with what is basically a guessed rank (usually based off the rank of the site the page is on).

digitalpoint
11-18-2003, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by sussmal
How do I get to be listed when news breaks..

You need to have a high PageRank site... the higher the PageRank, the more often Google will visit... From my own experience, Google seems to visit PR6 and higher pages daily.

- Shawn