PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about using adwords to advertise

Cloughie
11-16-2003, 04:48 AM
I am thinking about using adwords to advertise, but want to do a bit of research first on how to best manage campaigns so I do not waste money.

My first question is how do you confirm that a google adword visitor made a sale? How can this be tracked?

Secondly, to start off with would you make one general campaign or would you make one for each product? I assume the more you make the more money you will spend?

Obviously there will be a cap on the amount you spend a day. Can you put a cap on each campaign?

Cloughie
11-16-2003, 04:50 AM
or..............

Would a paid yahoo inclusion be money better spent at this point?

I would think so because my site starts with a letter A and would therefore be amongst the top?

incka
11-16-2003, 09:45 AM
It's better if your site is called #No. 1 Nutrition Supplements as it will be the top...

Mike
11-16-2003, 09:47 AM
My first question is how do you confirm that a google adword visitor made a sale? How can this be tracked?

Google has made an ROI script which you can use on your site.

Obviously there will be a cap on the amount you spend a day. Can you put a cap on each campaign?

Yeah think so.

Chris
11-23-2003, 10:33 AM
You don't want to compete with yourself so if you do have more than one campaign don't bid on the same keywords.

bugsy
11-23-2003, 09:24 PM
I've had problems with the same person clicking on my ads several times -- just watch out for stuff like this in your log files.