PDA

View Full Version : NBC launches Online Video Site - Just for their Shows

! search-engines-
03-11-2006, 06:30 PM
http://www.nbc.com/Video/

Now, instead of searching the web for "borrowed" NBC highlights, you can go to the source! We've taken your viral favorites and gathered them into one convenient location. Watch. React. Tell a friend

! search-engines-
03-19-2006, 07:10 PM
ABC plans in April to test streaming its network programming over the Internet, with commercials included.

The shows will be available eight hours after their initial airing, according to Preston Padden, EVP, government relations, for Disney, which owns ABC

http://www.broadcastingcable.com/article/CA6316351.html?display=Breaking+News

michael_gersitz
03-21-2006, 04:14 PM
I was wondering why other network haven't started to do that
they could make money by putting commercials in them, and putting ads on there site.

Cutter
03-21-2006, 06:51 PM
Its going to happen, just remember how long it took the music industry to start making real money online. It wasn't until Napster that it became obvious that there was a massive demand for online music, but it took years before a little program called iTunes really blew open the floodgates of online music revenue.

Online video has been around just as long, but just like MP3s, it needed a killer app to really say "hey look at me." That killer app was actually two sites, YouTube and MySpace. Now the TV networks have caught on pretty quickly.

I was just watching Current TV (the TV channel Al Gore played a role in creating; its actually has little to do with politics, Google even has daily updates on most popular searches), any ways, Current now has video codes for users to copy and paste into their MySpace profiles.

I've been an active internet user for over 10 years now, and I have never seen so much change in so little time. We've crossed a bridge of fear and skepticism by old media and reached the point where they either cross over or die, its that dramatic. This makes it a very lucrative time to be a web publisher.

Giles
03-27-2006, 02:19 AM
I think that the online video boom happened a little before the relaese of the video ipod, iTundes with abc shows and then the release of a non-beta google video, msn video and all sorts of other TV network video sites.