PDA

View Full Version : Google Toolbar PR Update Time?

Dan Grossman
03-08-2006, 01:01 PM
I'm sorry to ask this kind of question... but I'm getting impatient and would love to know if there's actually a historic answer...

How long until this update actually finishes, and all the toolbar PR servers agree with eachother?

I'm starting to sell off some sites I built then never did anything with. I've got two that are a few months old and are PR0 on half the servers and PR5 on the other half. Clearly the sites are now PR5 but depending on what time of day you check, the toolbar may show the old 0/no PR. That's no good when I'm trying to sell them.

I've been watching with http://www.iwebtool.com/pagerank_checker, as the servers bounce back and forth between 0/5, never agreeing, and toolbarqueries.google.com seems to change its mind almost hourly.

Chris
03-08-2006, 01:09 PM
So far this update has been like no other so there isn't any historical data that will help.

KLB
03-08-2006, 04:25 PM
I've noticed search results are kind of flakey too. For instance, some days a search for my target key phrase will contain a description for my site using text I got rid of almost a month ago. Other times the description is using updated text. Some days whether I get old text or new text depends on the search I do.

dc dalton
03-08-2006, 05:23 PM
From what I've heard BigDaddy is due to be completed sometime in the next few weeks. HOPEFULLY things will settle down then!

And yes you are right PR has been bouncing all over the place for a few weeks now. Most of my sites have settled down but I am seeing some bounces.

Vinnie
03-08-2006, 05:43 PM
From what I've heard BigDaddy is due to be completed sometime in the next few weeks. HOPEFULLY things will settle down then!

I hope so. The main site I work on has jumped from #22 to #6 to #16 for a certain keyword in the last 2 weeks and I'd like some kind of stability. :)

dc dalton
03-08-2006, 06:03 PM
I hope so. The main site I work on has jumped from #22 to #6 to #16 for a certain keyword in the last 2 weeks and I'd like some kind of stability. :)

I think this will go down as one of the most aggravating updates of all time.