PDA

View Full Version : Damn Aerosmith!

deronsizemore
03-08-2006, 08:05 AM
The wife and I were suppose to attend an Aerosmith concert last night, but I was cancelled due to "illness". The radio stations were going nuts all day about them being on their way and all this...then about an hour and a half before showtime as we're watching the news we see the announcement. No reschedule date...just a "You can get your refund...." message.

What a crock.

dc dalton
03-08-2006, 08:24 AM
SO what, musicians aren't allowed to get sick?

MarkB
03-08-2006, 08:29 AM
Hey, they ain't as young as they used to be ;)

The New Guy
03-08-2006, 08:33 AM
I was cancelled due to "illness".

Oh my. Thats terrible. How is your family holding up? Such a rare condition too.

deronsizemore
03-08-2006, 08:39 AM
My only point is that they didn't just all of a sudden get sick...there was no notice or anything until an hour before show time. If you're sick, you're sick...it just doesn't magically show up in an instant!

There could also be a reschedule date...which makes it even more seem like they were just a no show. Who is suppose to have a concert, cancel it and not reschedule?

New Guy: Family is holding up well...for a few hours we didn't know what to do with ourselves. thanks. :)

FPU
03-08-2006, 08:48 AM
Yeah man, I got a story like that too!

Back in the mid 1970's before many of you were born, Aerosmith was the lead band in the "World Series of Rock" at the old Cleveland Stadium (long since torn down) and they canceled, well there was nearly a riot when Southside Johnny and the Asbury Jukes came on stage as the replacement act!

All the fans booed them for every song and were throwing stuff at them the whole time!

So it is not the first time Aerosmith bailed out, but in those days they were all junkies and strung out big time :D