PDA

View Full Version : ValueClick Media has partnered with WebSponsors

john190
03-07-2006, 04:04 PM
What do you all think about this new step forward for ValueClick Media.

I was just wondering as they had snapped up Fastclick and then I heard they are or have bought Commissions Junction and have now suddenly partnered with Websponsors.

Chris
03-07-2006, 06:00 PM
They bought CJ a long time ago, more recently they bought BeFree (more or less merged with CJ).

Jon
03-07-2006, 06:54 PM
They bought CJ a long time ago, more recently they bought BeFree (more or less merged with CJ).

Yeah seriously.. that was a really long time ago. But VC is trying to buy up a bigger market share. But hey, that's all probably better for us publishers, because it creates a bigger company, with more advertisers, and more revenue to distribute. The only downside for a giant like this is that the publisher support may become crap.. kinda like CJ's.

john190
03-08-2006, 03:04 AM
Yeah it may be better for the publishers. I didn't know they had bought CJ. That is probably why it is not as good as I thought CJ would have been when I tried it. I open an account, take two months to put ads on my site, take two months to start building up my traffic on the CJ links, get no sales in a six month period and then find that I have to take all links down because my CJ accoun is suspended due to inactivity. 6 months is not enough time.