PDA

View Full Version : this must be a new home

demosfen
03-07-2006, 12:27 PM
So I come back to Sitepoint after involuntary 1-month absense (must've been interfering with their "new direction"), and what do I see, everything is in turmoil and core membership leaving for websitepublisher. What's the logical thing to do? :confused: :wave:

FPU
03-07-2006, 12:52 PM
You are doing the right thing by leaving Sitepoint, at least you get a signature for your creative effort when you create content here! :D

Johnny Gulag
03-07-2006, 01:00 PM
Welcome over to WP forums!!! Yes quite a few SP'ers have also joned here, some may never go back to SP some still do. ;)

Vinnie
03-07-2006, 01:45 PM
Welcome aboard, and happy birthday!

Sagewing
03-07-2006, 02:34 PM
Hmm.... If there is a lot of Sitepoint bashing around here, it could get really tiresome.

FPU
03-07-2006, 02:55 PM
Yeah, I guess we all need Sitepoint to survive online man, sorry! :lol:

stymiee
03-07-2006, 03:03 PM
The bashing will get old soon enough. Then it will be business as usual.

FPU
03-07-2006, 03:05 PM
SEO chat thought that too man, they are still being discussed every day!

You get back what you put out in life :nod:

Sagewing
03-07-2006, 03:24 PM
Perhaps, but you are the one with the boycott link in your sig. If you dont like sitepoint, don't go :D

ses5909
03-07-2006, 04:40 PM
Hey there Demosfen.

Bleys
03-07-2006, 04:46 PM
Perhaps, but you are the one with the boycott link in your sig. If you dont like sitepoint, don't go :D

We've tried that road before. He's got a one track mind. ;)

Welcome, demosfen. :)

FPU
03-07-2006, 05:36 PM
Yeah I got a mind to tell Sitepoint founders what I really think about their greed and about them ripping off contributors, sure do!

KLB
03-07-2006, 06:14 PM
Welcome aboard demosfen.

The bashing will get old soon enough. Then it will be business as usual.
I kind of think it has already gotten old.

Bleys
03-07-2006, 06:59 PM
Yeah I got a mind to tell Sitepoint founders what I really think about their greed and about them ripping off contributors, sure do!

Except you still haven't. :rolleyes:

KLB: Agreed.

dc dalton
03-07-2006, 07:40 PM
I'll third the "getting old" bit

welcome D

FPU
03-07-2006, 07:45 PM
Well if you get tired of it here you can go to Sitepoint and read it there! :lol:

Let me explain how a strike works guys, it continues and it is very bitter until a settlement is reached between those who have disputed issues to resolve!

So until Sitepoint addresses these issues, the boycott, the protests on forums and the posting strike will continue against Sitepoint, it is really simple to understand as is this issue of them taking down signatures to guest view!

KLB
03-07-2006, 08:15 PM
Let me explain how a strike works guys, it continues and it is very bitter until a settlement is reached between those who have disputed issues to resolve!

So until Sitepoint addresses these issues, the boycott, the protests on forums and the posting strike will continue against Sitepoint, it is really simple to understand as is this issue of them taking down signatures to guest view!

This almost makes me want to be a scab and cross the picket line. :crash:

How about leaving neutral third-parties like us out of the daily "picketline". Picketing here about SP is a bit like Picketing KFC at McDonald's.

FPU
03-07-2006, 08:23 PM
Well it seems you have been on their side anyway, so what the hell ?

To bad you can't comment about it there anymore!

http://www.sitepoint.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2558806&postcount=161

Thread closed because they are getting too much heat!

Man I feel so sorry for Sitepoint! :lol:

KLB
03-07-2006, 08:34 PM
I stopped posting over there anyways. I hadn't even visited there in the past couple of days until you mentioned the thread.

About the only thread I am monitoring is my resignation thread.

FPU
03-07-2006, 08:36 PM
OK, so why do you want to step in and moderate my comments ?

What I do is my business, if you don't like it that is your problem!

KLB
03-07-2006, 08:48 PM
I was simply asking that you do not try to turn this into the frontlines of your picket line. I'm just of the opinion that constant protest and melodrama threads may drive people away from these forums especially some SP members who are on the fence over this matter.

If you really want to draw SPF members off from SP then we need to make these forums seem friendlier and more useful than SPF. If these forums are really useful and really friendly, then we may find that people will be spending more and more of their time here and less and less of their time at SPF. People only have so much time to spend in forums, let's give them lots of really good reasons to spend that time here so that they don't have as much time to spend at SPF. ;)

FPU
03-07-2006, 08:52 PM
It is not in every thread, this is an important issue that people across the forum circuit have great interest in, if you seek to bury it, then quit reading my posts and don't respond to them!

People are not going to quit talking about this issue because you want them to, if it is not discussed here then it will be discussed on all the other forums!

It seems to me the biggest threads on this forum have been on these issues, you are involved yourself in the politics of this, so I really don't know where you are coming from to be honest about it.

http://websitepublisher.net/forums/showthread.php?p=42273#post42273

Just leave the members alone to discuss whatever they wish, that is what a good forum is about, you have acted like a moderator here since I got here!

I suspect if you were one that discussion here would end because you would be dictating to people on how and what they could post and would be locking threads and banning people like me!

I also assume that kind of moderation would ruin this forum!

demosfen
03-07-2006, 09:06 PM
About the only thread I am monitoring is my resignation thread.
First they moved it to General chat, and then closed it 'because it doesn't belong to General chat'. That's just silly! :sick:

KLB
03-07-2006, 09:10 PM
I don't expect people will stop talking about this issue, but I'm hoping you see the value of focusing energies on things that make people WANT to spend more time here than at SPF. Because of Chris' popularity at SPF, this forum might be one of your best tools for drawing people away from SPF.

It would be easier for you to draw people away from SPF by starting and participating in really useful threads than it would be to drive people away from SPF. People participate in forums because they are useful and/or entertaining. If these forums are more useful than SPF people will spend more time here. There is no better way to defeat a competitor than by producing a superior product for equal or lesser money.

These forums becoming really successful could be the best way to get SPF to regret the way they treated Chris.

FPU
03-07-2006, 09:13 PM
Look Ken, I respect you and your views, but please don't tell me how to post, I like some of your suggestions, but from the time I got here you are trying to shape my style to suit yourself and your objectives!

No one has ever done that, I don't think you will either, so let me be me, you be you, we will be more successful that way, don't worry about me or become my critic, just post your views and let me post mine and we will be long friends, that is all I ask of you!

KLB
03-07-2006, 09:15 PM
First they moved it to General chat, and then closed it 'because it doesn't belong to General chat'. That's just silly! :sick:
I sent MMJ a PM saying that my thread wasn't originally in general chat that it was moved to general chat by an advisor. :brickwall

demosfen
03-07-2006, 09:21 PM
He'll probably reply "oops, I goofed" and unlock it. :D

KLB
03-07-2006, 09:24 PM
I doubt it but people are making fun of it in lo0ol's resignation thread.

--edit--
They have now locked lo0ol's thread. This means all resignation threads have now been locked. Maybe another advisor or mentor will resign to start it up again over there. :p

FPU
03-07-2006, 09:32 PM
They are going to pull all of those threads down soon, you all better save them because they will not be there much longer!

Say goodbuy to all of them! :wave:

KLB
03-07-2006, 09:35 PM
Say goodbuy to all of them! :wave:
:wave: bye bye.

FPU
03-07-2006, 09:38 PM
I have some of them saved, but not all of them, I am sure they will not exist in the public record, so if you all want to save the story, you better save the threads if you want a record of this history, because SitePoint has never been an accurate record of the history of the internet because of censorship!

Shyflower
03-08-2006, 07:08 AM
You have impeccable logic, demosfen -- welcome! :)

Mullen
03-08-2006, 07:30 AM
Greetings!

Vinnie
03-08-2006, 09:11 AM
SitePoint has never been an accurate record of the history of the internet because of censorship!
Sitepoint's a webmaster forum, not a record of history. If you want history there's always your local community college.

FPU
03-08-2006, 09:48 AM
I would not expect you to get it Vinnie, that is fine if you never do too man!