PDA

View Full Version : About Website Submission

Ab001
03-06-2006, 09:05 AM
Hi all,

I am learning a lot from all of you and I thank you for that, The question
I want to ask is when you submit your website to google they ask you to submit the main index page, what happens if I submit my other pages individually to get them indexed ? is it good/ bad idea to do so ?

My other question is How can I submit my website to get it indexed in the directory pages ?

Any idea of how I can promote my website ?

Thanks in advance

Chris
03-06-2006, 10:57 AM
You only need to submit your homepage, Google will automatically crawl and find the other pages on your site.

To submit your site to Google's directory you need to submit it at DMOZ.org

Mike Empuria
03-06-2006, 03:52 PM
You could also investigate using Google Sitemaps (http://www.google.com/webmasters/sitemaps/docs/en/about.html)

john190
04-17-2006, 06:58 AM
I only submit my domain to Google once and then I just watch my site get index. Also, if you want to get index quicker and better then you do need some sites linking to yours that are already getting crawled by Google.

Giles
04-17-2006, 04:19 PM
I don't think I have ever submitted. I've also never been in DMOZ, I always get turned down. If you submit all of your pages google will see it as spam.

Emancipator
04-17-2006, 06:56 PM
i dont waste my time submitting. Put your site in your sig on the boards here and if you can get a link even if for only a week on a well spidered site you will be in google in no time. Its what i do.

john190
04-18-2006, 04:20 AM
I find that it is alot quicker to get backlinks on sites that are already getting crawled by Google than what it is to submit your link. Submitting your link could mean that you could be waiting a while for you site to get added.

Emancipator
04-18-2006, 07:41 AM
i find submitting your site is a waste of time. I guarantee you try the 2 methods i posted you will get spidered in less then a week. I have been doing it for years.

chromate
04-18-2006, 01:09 PM
I always submit a new site. Normally gets crawled in 48hrs. I just think it doesn't hurt and only takes a second. Gets the ball rolling. But links will result in your site getting regularly crawled more than anything.

KLB
04-18-2006, 01:55 PM
I'm part of the non-submitting contigent. When I create a new site I simply link to it in my sigs and from my other sites. Quickly enough the various SEs start indexing the site on their own. One of my sites gets indexed by Google News and new articles on that site routinely get picked up Google News within 1/2 hour of being published. It just blows my mind. I don't know if Google is pulling my RSS feed or whether they poll my main news page on a regular basis.