PDA

View Full Version : Adsense 'impersonation' & web crawling

zulkiflimusa
03-05-2006, 03:20 AM
Hello fellow websterpreneurs,

I hope you can give some guide to the inquries from this newbie here.

1. I want my Adsense ads blend well with my website color scheme so I have come up with something that looks like this: http://www.skorcareer.com

Do you think I am subject to any penalty by Google due to similarity between my menu on the left and their ads? Should I change it?

2. 5 weeks after submitting my site, I saw my web in google search page. Few days later it's gone, then come back again,then gone. This has happens about three times. Any lead on possible cause, or is this normal?

3. In my html code I did not put meta tag code on 'author' and 'robot', would this effect the speed my site being crawled, or should I not worry about this?

Thanks very much for reading; my thank in advance for your advice.

Z Musa

Chris
03-05-2006, 07:45 AM
1. No, you're fine. In fact you could add more units. You're allowed up to 3 units and 1 adlink unit per page.

2. Google is weird right now, going through a new update but its not a normal update, its a slow erratic back and forth update. Been going on for awhile.

3. Don't worry, it has nothing to do with search engines.

zulkiflimusa
03-11-2006, 04:19 AM
Thanks for the response.

Great to hear those...

Cutter
03-11-2006, 12:09 PM
Color and placement of Google ads will never have anything to do with the SE results. You might break the rules by putting a "click here" notice or something by it, but that is a completely different issue.

The best thing you can do for a new site is start getting incoming links to it. Once I get a few solid quality links to a new site the SE traffic starts arriving within a day or less.