PDA

View Full Version : Promoting WP

Jon
03-04-2006, 11:29 PM
I've decided to pledge 50 direct (one way) permanent relevant links to WP to help get this forum some good rankings on the engines. I'll spread them out over the next few months when I have more time to work on it, but that's what I plan on giving to see this forum grow to what it really could be. We seem to have a lot of really seasoned pro's on here with a plethora of information. Now, I'm not anti-SP at all, in fact, I kinda like it. But I do see major differences between this forum and that one. The first thing I'd like to change is to see this forum in the SERPs more than SP. I figure it will be a tough task to overcome being that SP has been around for so long and has so many damn old threads indexed, but if more SEO's here are willing to pledge some time and effort in promoting this forum I think it will work out in the long run for the best.

So tell your friends about it. Put links to it on your blogs, article sites, and sigs.

I just want to note that I am not being paid a dime for any of this, nor do I expect anything in return for my blog. All I see is a ton of potential in this forum, and I'd like to see it grow rapidly.

(PS - Chris - About the 50 links.. let me know what anchor text you'd like to be pointing here. PM it to me if you'd like)

Ben
03-04-2006, 11:32 PM
Very well put Jon. I will try to get many people to visit, it will definately be a hard task but that is what this forum is about, how to build a successful website. I think it is definately possible

KLB
03-04-2006, 11:33 PM
If Chris posted the desired anchor text for links, I'd link to these forums from some appropriate places.

Johnny Gulag
03-04-2006, 11:44 PM
If Chris posted the desired anchor text for links, I'd link to these forums from some appropriate places.

I'll link to from anywhere that I can as well. :)

Bleys
03-04-2006, 11:45 PM
I think this forum is more business oriented than SPF, which is right up my alley. It is also still small enough that it is very approachable and easy to get aclimated--which I like.

That's very good of you, Jon! I'm sure we'll all appreciate it as we get more fresh faces in from the search engines as a result. :)

Nintendo
03-05-2006, 12:19 AM
An easy way to get a ton of back links is joining DigitalPoints co-op. For example, in two months I got 20,400 back-links to one site, according to Yahoo.

Johnny Gulag
03-05-2006, 12:28 AM
An easy way to get a ton of back links is joining DigitalPoints co-op. For example, in two months I got 20,400 back-links to one site, according to Yahoo.

But what about the risk of getting banned by google?
http://www.websitepublisher.net/article/digitalpoint/

fredarn
03-05-2006, 05:36 AM
I am going to put a link on my personal website (http://fredarn.com)
I dont have many visitors there, but i hope it helps a little bit :)

Chris
03-05-2006, 07:31 AM
I don't care about anchor text really, Website Publisher is fine. Keywords like web development or webmaster forum are too competitive I think. It was always my goal with this site to focus on subpage optimization more than homepage optimization.

Thanks for the links.

Jon
03-05-2006, 03:33 PM
I don't care about anchor text really, Website Publisher is fine. Keywords like web development or webmaster forum are too competitive I think. It was always my goal with this site to focus on subpage optimization more than homepage optimization.

Thanks for the links.

Email me and tell me where to point them. Give me some sorta idea of the keywords you'd like me to use, otherwise I'll just put them as "Jon is great". :D

Nintendo
03-06-2006, 02:33 AM
But what about the risk of getting banned by google?
http://www.websitepublisher.net/article/digitalpoint/

He's right!!

I've seen some amazing results produced with this ad network.

I just won two SEO contests using the co-op. 2nd place in the Redscowl Bluesingsky contest, and 1st in the first monthly prizes for Carcasherdotcom Seocontest, in Google.

MikeD
03-06-2006, 04:53 AM
I think all links should come naturally, no need to have a desired anchor text. Just get this forum out there wherever it makes sense :)

P.S.: What are you doing here, Ninno? :D

Nintendo
03-06-2006, 05:13 AM
Gahhh...don't let every single message board know the nick name you gave me!!! :D

er what am I doing here??!! Very few ads = Good board!!! And I still need to convert them all in to wackoism!!! :D

MikeD
03-06-2006, 05:38 AM
This board has gotten way busy since the last little miscommunication mishap on "the other forum". Nice domain name, too. Ever tried to purchase the .com, Chris?

Chris
03-06-2006, 07:58 AM
No I haven't.

Robb
03-11-2006, 08:13 PM
I will make a post in my blog reguarding website publishing, and throw the link to this messageboard in as general conversation so to speak. I like this board a lot already (the site as a whole is great).

- Robb