PDA

View Full Version : Boycott Sitepoint forums!

FPU
03-04-2006, 08:28 PM
The Forum Posters Union has called a worldwide boycott and strike against Sitepoint forums!

http://www.forumpostersunion.com/showthread.php?t=191

It is the best interest of all forum members and forum owners to support this general strike against Sitepoint at this time! :eek:

stymiee
03-04-2006, 08:44 PM
That was me who banned you today. :D

FPU
03-04-2006, 08:44 PM
Are you proud of yourself :confused: :D

ses5909
03-04-2006, 08:47 PM
Are you proud of yourself :confused: :D
The reason you were banned today was because you aren't supposed to be allowed to rejoin if someone had banned you previously. Aspen banned you once , with reason I'm sure. Those are the rules. In your post, you never mentioned it was years ago. That would have been helpful to know.

FPU
03-04-2006, 08:49 PM
Well, you guys messed with the right guy now, did you not???

stymiee
03-04-2006, 08:49 PM
Probably not. :)

FPU
03-04-2006, 08:50 PM
I thought you would say that! :)

ses5909
03-04-2006, 08:51 PM
We are just doing our jobs. If you want to hate us, thats your call. Our job is to enforce the rules. Thats what moderators do at ALL forums.

FPU
03-04-2006, 08:53 PM
You guys did the forum circuit a favor, I found out when you banned me that Sitepoint is not showing signatures of contributing members to guests!

Thanks for banning me guys because Sitepoint's founders are going to have to get themselves out of this one, or I will doom them worldwide!

You better make sure they get my message too!

Just ask other forum owners what happens when they fight me!

stymiee
03-04-2006, 08:54 PM
Next time just admit you were banned previously and we'll probably never know it is you. ;)

FPU
03-04-2006, 08:58 PM
So does Sitepoint have something against the truth in your opinion :confused:

Because I am sure they are going to have quite a problem with it in the next few days for sure! :D

KLB
03-04-2006, 09:04 PM
I find this whole thing very humorous. I knew the moment I saw your post at SPF that the ban hammer was going to come down and it had nothing to do with Chris. You're posts weren't going to go noticed by any staff member. If Symiee hadn't banned you probably all of the other staff members would have if someone else didn't beat you to it.

In regards to your protest. I'm one of the members who resigned my team position in protest over what is going on over there, and I'm not posting over there. I believe; however, that your boycott and my resigning are going to have zero long term impact on SP's overall operations. In fact your boycott could actually bring more publicity and thus more traffic to SPF.

FPU
03-04-2006, 09:08 PM
I kind of doubt that, because I will destroy Sitepoint if they do not answer my charges, you don't really know who you are dealing with, do you???

MaxS
03-04-2006, 09:21 PM
I kind of doubt that, because I will destroy Sitepoint if they do not answer my charges, you don't really know who you are dealing with, do you???
Yes, I'm the SP legal team is very afraid. :rolleyes:

FPU
03-04-2006, 09:23 PM
Legal has nothing to do with this, they are going to need a public relations firm by the time I am done with them!

Get real and get a life dude!

KLB
03-04-2006, 09:23 PM

You sound like one of Nintendo's friends.

Look, I agree with you that SPF should allow sigs to be visible to everyone as is customary on forums and it really ticked me off when they weren't restored as promised. I think that there is a lot that is going wrong at SPF.

The thing is it is SP's forum and they can do what they want. If members don't like what SP is doing then they can leave there and find other forums like this one if they so choose. As you can see some members did make that decision and came here when they cut Chris loose.

Chris
03-04-2006, 09:24 PM
I don't recall why you were banned originally. Likely self promotion. I could look it up if I still had mod powers over there, there are records.

FPU
03-04-2006, 09:26 PM
That does not matter at this point Chris, we had our war, it is over, now I got one with Sitepoint, so they are going to have their hands full, bet on it! :eek:

KLB
03-04-2006, 09:31 PM
So your enemies enemy is you friend?

Well I will watch your little war from here on the sidelines.

FPU
03-04-2006, 09:35 PM
Let's put it this way, any forum owner that wants to fight against the truth and what is right will pay the price!

Sitepoint is on the wrong side of these issues and they will have to answer my charges against them!

I have started a campaign on forums worldwide against them and they can bank on it hurting them in a way that will be hard to fathom, it will also happen quickly too!

It is not that it is going to happen, it is happening right now!

Bleys
03-04-2006, 09:39 PM
That does not matter at this point Chris, we had our war, it is over, now I got one with Sitepoint, so they are going to have their hands full, bet on it! :eek:

I'm not sure what you're threatening here, but I'd strongly advise against doing anything illegal, or slanderous, or even just trying to rejoin there to be a nuisance. That would not be wise on your part.

As for a boycott? I don't think SitePoint is worried. Your site has 15 members, SitePoint has 105,000+. And your campaign is off to a flying start here... :rolleyes:

You broke the rules. You were banned. You broke them again. You were banned again. Deal with it an move along. I'm sure there are more constructive things you can put your energy toward than thoroughly pointless and futile boycotts.

FPU
03-04-2006, 09:40 PM
Yeah, OK man :p

They have 100,000 members to lose too! :eek:

ses5909
03-04-2006, 09:50 PM
This is definitely very entertaining.

FPU
03-04-2006, 09:51 PM
I don't think that Sitepoint founders and administrators will be laughing as much as some of you though, they will have to explain on FPU or they will have major public relations problems long term!

KLB
03-04-2006, 09:54 PM
Yeah, OK man :p

They have 100,000 members to lose too! :eek:

Like I said, even if half of the moderation staff quit at once, it would have little long term impact on SPF. Sure it would be inconvenient for them for awhile but they would recover. A protest on other forums is not going to cut into their active membership.

Your time like my time is better spent getting on with life and putting SPF behind you. All the energy you would have to spend to try and tear down SPF would be better spent building up your own activities and earning profits for yourself. In the end the best way to get pack at SPF is to create a competitive product and steal their business on the playing field of the open market.

I'll reiterate what Josh said don't do anything illegal to get yourself in trouble.

FPU
03-04-2006, 10:01 PM
You guys really do not know who you are dealing with for sure!

Guess what, this is not new to me, I have got two forums to put back signatures to guest views because their forums nearly died because of this issue after I put heat on them!

So you can expect to see signatures back up at Sitepoint, my user name restored also, because if they do not come clean and take care of business I promise you they will have major member losses and tragic public relations problems!

Don't tell an expert how to do his job guys, that is my advice to you!

Bleys
03-04-2006, 10:04 PM
Edit: Nevermind. I don't feel like wasting my time with this anymore.

FPU
03-04-2006, 10:05 PM
You are too stupid to even address man!

How many forums do you think I hold membership on :confused:

MaxS
03-04-2006, 10:09 PM
You are too stupid to even address man!

How many forums do you think I hold membership on :confused:
You're really ignorant...

FPU
03-04-2006, 10:10 PM
Think so idiot :confused:

Johnny Gulag
03-04-2006, 10:14 PM
I dunno what Chris will tolerate around here as I have only been a member for a few days but my guess is he is gonna get another chance to ban you real soon.

FPU
03-04-2006, 10:16 PM
Wow, I am really scared that the 3 Stooges want me banned!

Guess what, Chris is not as dumb as you 3 :eek:

PS: It seems that Jonny Gulug and Blys are both staff at SitePoint, cry babies both of you! :p

Tell your bosses that their asses are grass unless they address all my questions!

Johnny Gulag
03-04-2006, 10:30 PM
I'm no crybaby, go ahead with your boycott, I don't care. I was just making reference to your senseless namecalling.

FPU
03-04-2006, 10:35 PM
Sure you are a cry baby, you and your buddy are both managers at Sitepoint man!

You want me banned here, why did Sitepoint administration send you to keep an eye on this forum and manage the content here :confused:

You and Sitepoint and any of their defenders better be ready man, because your propaganda bull**** on trying to silence me and get me banned is not going to help you coward!

KLB
03-04-2006, 10:36 PM
FPU, I have nothing against you as I don't even know you, so please take this as a friendly suggestion.

The quickest way to get banned from any forum is to direct personal attacks at people. Trolling or flaming as some call it is a sure fired way to get banned. In all likelihood this was why you were banned the first time around at SPF.

I don't like to see people get banned from forums, so please even when you disagree with someone, don't insult them with personal attacks. Think the insults if you must, but don't post them. Fox News is not a style of "debating" one should try to emulate.

It is not censorship to delete rude posts and it is not censorship to ban rude individuals. There are right ways and wrong ways to express one's opinions. If people are allowed to be rude and insult others on a forum it detracts from a forum for all members. Thus forum administrators are forced to take actions to prevent rude behavior.

FPU
03-04-2006, 10:39 PM
Please don't tell me how to post man!

Advise the other side who attacked me with their bias bull first, not me when I hit the babies back!

Like you said, you really don't know me or you would not even attempt to tell me how to post on a forum!

I really don't need to hear control the content propaganda from any of you to be honest about it, when these guys have something to post that is even half assed intelligent on the issues being discussed they will not see insult for insult, but they since they are Sitepoint Staff they cry like babies if the content is not kind to them!

BOO HOO guys, can't debate against the truth, I know it is hard for you! :(

Bleys
03-04-2006, 10:39 PM
I don't like to see people get banned from forums, so please even when you disagree with someone, don't insult them with personal attacks. Think the insults if you must, but don't post them. Fox News is not a style of "debating" one should try to emulate.

Agreed. Resorting to ad hominen is like admitting that the basis for your argument is falling apart. ;)

Johnny Gulag
03-04-2006, 10:42 PM
In fact, I am a Mentor and Bleys is an Advisor, 2 completely different jobs. I have no more "real" powers there than I do here. Rest assured that I am no provocateur. I am just a bored guy with a computer. I have no agenda, other than occupying my time. :)

At this time I will ask Chris to not ban you from here.

Chris, I beg of you please do not ban this guy "FPU" from your forums.

I dunno if he will listen to me or not. ;)

FPU
03-04-2006, 10:43 PM
Yeah right Sitepoint staff guy!

Don't make a joke out of yourself man, you guys think you are dealing with someone that can't see that you silly fools are trying to set me up to get banned :confused:

Johnny Gulag
03-04-2006, 10:48 PM
Me, make a joke out of myself? Okay, thats what is happenning here! :rolleyes:

FPU
03-04-2006, 10:49 PM
No not you, you are a SitePoint manager, you guys are brilliant :p :D

Get a life John and make an intelligent post for once in your life!

Bleys
03-04-2006, 10:56 PM
This is an interesting thread: http://www.theforumzone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=729

Your immense powers to get banned at forums are mind-boggling, Anthony. I myself am blown away. (You lasted 11,451 post at DigitalPoint before getting the boot, at least... impressive...)

KLB
03-04-2006, 10:59 PM
Advise the other side who attacked me with their bias bull first, not me when I hit the babies back!

Look I don't really care who you are. I would tell Dick Cheney to stop swearing on the floor of Congress because it isn't polite. For a forum to be able to have constructive debates there must be a level of civility and respect. You are the one calling people names. People are allowed to be bias; you are allowed to be bias. This is what makes discussions interesting; however, there is a difference between being bias and being rude.

Some of the people I enjoy talking with the most I disagree with most of the time, but we never get rude or stoop to personal attacks. We debate the issues and try to stick to facts and based on this both sides become better debaters and understand the issue at hand better than before the debate.

SPF is a forum to discuss things. It is not the UN or Congress. It really doesn't matter in the big scheme of things how SP runs their business. We shouldn't get worked up over what they do and let it consume our lives. If we don't like what Sitepoint is doing we need to go our own way and find some place we enjoy more.

FPU
03-04-2006, 10:59 PM
Bleys (Site Point Staff Member) :D

So you still want to focus on your winning strategy of trying to get me banned here, you are brilliant man! :p

Nintendo
03-04-2006, 11:05 PM
He'll be back at DP soon....

Date the ban will be lifted: Mar 8th 2006, 8:00 pm

KLB
03-04-2006, 11:06 PM
None of us could "get" you banned here. Only your actions can get you banned here. Just as it has been your actions that got you banned elsewhere.

We are not forcing you to call people names. And we are not forcing you to be extremely rude to others. You are doing this on your own and it is these actions that will get you banned, not your position on SPF, and not your protest against SPF.

Bleys
03-04-2006, 11:07 PM
Bleys (Site Point Staff Member) :D

So you still want to focus on your winning strategy of trying to get me banned here, you are brilliant man! :p

If you join at SitePoint, and I know about it, I'll ban you. That's my (volunteer) job. We don't allow previously banned members to rejoin. What happens here is beyond my control. Chris will do what he wants.

Arguing with you further, is beneath me.

FPU
03-04-2006, 11:08 PM
Yeah OK guys, keep the propaganda coming! :D

You guys refuse to address the issues, you just want to censor the truth by banning someone, but Chris has been down that road with me before, he is not stupid guys! :D

Bleys
03-04-2006, 11:09 PM
He'll be back at DP soon....

Then he'll be your problem. :D

FPU
03-04-2006, 11:10 PM
Grow up Bleys, one day you might just do that!

Nintendo
03-04-2006, 11:12 PM
Then he'll be your problem. :D

Most of us miss him. :(

In other news....

This domain name IS AVAILABLE:
SITEPOINTSUCKS.COM

Who wants it!!! :D

FPU
03-04-2006, 11:16 PM
I am sure these guys will buy it to protect Sitepoint as they do here! :D

I guess they don't care that Sitepoint happens to be stealing content from their members who post by not showing signatures to guests!

That is alright with them as long as they sit in their high places in their vain minds as SitePoint staff, but the members of the community will cut them up good in the next few days on these issues!

I am going to make sure that we all get answers from Sitepoint founders, if they do not address these issues and answer all of my questions then their problems will continue!

Ben
03-04-2006, 11:16 PM
I really don't understand what is so bad about sitepoint.com. Just because they demoted Chris doesn't mean they are a really bad forum. They still have very informative posts. I just really need some help with this one, I don't really understand what is so bad about Chris getting demoted

FPU
03-04-2006, 11:18 PM
I guess you need to read this thread again and follow all the links to really understand!

Bleys
03-04-2006, 11:21 PM
I guess they don't care that Sitepoint happens to be stealing content from their members who post by not showing signatures to guests!

You do realize that is is perfectly within your rights to not post in the first place, right? No forum is under any obligation to allow non-members to see member signatures.

And SitePoint clearly states in their Guidelines, which you can view before you join, that they reserve the right to republish your words. If you disagree, then don't join or post. It's as simple as that. No one ever forced you to use SitePoint.

FPU
03-04-2006, 11:22 PM
Guess what man, I don't care what Sitepoint administrators rules are, got it :confused:

They better care what I say though or Sitepoint is toast!

KLB
03-04-2006, 11:23 PM
FPU, you do realize that your protest could end up solidifying the support of SPF moderators behind SP and as a result some of the moderators who may be thinking of resigning over the current issues will end up not resigning? Basically you could end up driving more people to SPF than you convince to leave SPF. This is very counterproductive to your goals.

If you really want to "do in" SPF then remember, an assasin is quiet and subtle. Stealth and cunning wins the day.

FPU
03-04-2006, 11:24 PM
KLB, please don't try to give me advice (propaganda) OK!

Ben
03-04-2006, 11:26 PM
I guess you need to read this thread again and follow all the links to really understand!
I just don't really get it, he only lost his little title and a blog. What is so good about that? I just don't understand, he wouldn't have been in that rank if SP hadn't have started there forum, now they demote him from there own forum and everybody goes crazy.

FPU
03-04-2006, 11:29 PM
When you read this thread and follow the links and read them you will understand that it is more than just Chris (Aspen) as an issue here!

This signature issue is much bigger than Chris could ever be, Sitepoint just has all these issues hitting right at the same time now!

Don't you all feel sorry for them! :confused: :(

PS: I sure as hell don't :eek:

Jon
03-04-2006, 11:38 PM
FPU-

Just curious here.. but do you have any relations to Ted Kaczynski by any chance?

FPU
03-04-2006, 11:39 PM
Funny stuff Jon :D

Bleys
03-04-2006, 11:47 PM
Well, image code is off, apparently (maybe I'll boycott this forum! how dare they turn off image code!)

But... http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/7813/beardtedkaczynski1wy.jpg

Feel free to click on it.

dc dalton
03-04-2006, 11:50 PM
Well let's face it... I'm pretty sure SP isn't too afraid of someone who comes into the forums and announces they have been banned and resigned up... not exactly what I would call "under cover" now is it? :D

I'm sure SP has no problems with your campaign, matter of fact they would probably (if they even noticed it) find it humorous! Remember, publicity is publicity .... good or bad you are HELPING SP!

Ben
03-04-2006, 11:51 PM
Well, image code is off, apparently (maybe I'll boycott this forum! how dare they turn off image code!)

But... http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/...aczynski1wy.jpg

Feel free to click on it.
Is that you Bleys?

FPU
03-04-2006, 11:52 PM
Log out and see if the signatures are still there!

Then you will see if Chris is defrauding his members and the authors/content creators of the threads here (the main asset of any forum) like Sitepoint does!

Sure thing DC Dalton, side with the criminals here! :D

PS: All webmasters dump Sitepoint now!

Bleys
03-04-2006, 11:57 PM
Is that you Bleys?

Not unless I'm Ted Kaczynski. ;)

FPU
03-04-2006, 11:58 PM
You're bombing out tonight Bleys! :D :p

Ben
03-04-2006, 11:59 PM
PS: All webmasters dump Sitepoint now!
Yeah, everyone will. Are you by any chance Internetnamebank.com from AF?

Johnny Gulag
03-04-2006, 11:59 PM
You're bombing out tonight Bleys! :D :p

Ted Kaczynski, bombing out, I get it :D

dc dalton
03-05-2006, 12:00 AM
You are kidding right? Hmm lets see:

Your forum thats promoting this "campaign":

Threads: 178, Posts: 1,169, Members: 15, Active Members: 15

SP:

Threads: 334,186, Posts: 2,509,286, Members: 105,371

Boy if I was SP I'd have wet my pants in fear by now! :eek:

FPU
03-05-2006, 12:00 AM

Who is AF :confused:

I am Internetnamebank everywhere man! :o

PS: Wet your pants all you want, you still do it in your sleep :confused: :D

KLB
03-05-2006, 12:03 AM
Yes I'm pretty sure he is.

Ben
03-05-2006, 12:04 AM
Who is AF
Who is AF, pfft, AdminFusion. You started petitioning and insulting members over there as well. I think Chris really needs to close this thread, it is starting to get out of hand

FPU
03-05-2006, 12:05 AM
DC Dalton, are you another one of the brainwashed Sitepoint staff members :confused: :)

dc dalton
03-05-2006, 12:05 AM
well guys this has been a bucket of chuckles but you know what they say:

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

So on that note I'm outa here ... got biz in the am and this thing could go all night!

dc dalton
03-05-2006, 12:06 AM
DC Dalton, are you another one of the brainwashed Sitepoint staff members :confused: :)

Nope you got the wrong one here ... never been staff.

(now Im really out of here)

Johnny Gulag
03-05-2006, 12:06 AM
I think Chris really needs to close this thread, it is starting to get out of hand

I'm surprised it has been allowed to continue for this long, but it has calmed down a bit. :)

KLB
03-05-2006, 12:08 AM
My bet is that Chris is in bed like a normal human in the Eastern U.S. Boy is he going to be shocked when we sees this thread in the morning :eek:

Bleys
03-05-2006, 12:10 AM
Boy is he going to be shocked when we sees this thread in the morning :eek:

And laughing his butt off. ;)

FPU
03-05-2006, 12:10 AM
Who is AF, pfft, AdminFusion. You started petitioning and insulting members over there as well. I think Chris really needs to close this thread, it is starting to get out of hand

You mean in this thead where there were cry babies like you :confused:

http://www.adminfusion.com/forums/showpost.php?p=17239&postcount=59

PS: Maybe Chris will close the thread just for you big boy! :p :p :D

Nintendo
03-05-2006, 12:12 AM
706 pageviews to this thread in four hours, there must be something good about it!! :D:D

Ben
03-05-2006, 12:13 AM
hhhmmm, I am going to way of dc dalton. I really don't see the point, you are asking people to join a petition and then people who oppose you, you insult. Rather unproffessional. Also, great post dalton made me laugh

FPU
03-05-2006, 12:13 AM
People love to read about and watch those who steal and burn them go down!

I think SitePoint's day has come :eek: :o

FPU
03-05-2006, 12:15 AM
hhhmmm, I am going to way of dc dalton. I really don't see the point, you are asking people to join a petition and then people who oppose you, you insult. Rather unproffessional. Also, great post dalton made me laugh

Guess what Ben :confused:

No one would want to go to war with you watching their back, people like you just can't be trusted, you have no logic!

tommy_boy
03-05-2006, 01:30 AM
Wow.... I wonder how much longer this will go on. :confused:

FPU
03-05-2006, 01:31 AM
It will go on until Sitepoint founders address my questions in full :o

Vinnie
03-05-2006, 06:09 AM
There's a forum posters union? Because I haven't been paying my dues for the last 4 years :eek:

...and I haven't been going to the meetings :eek:

...and I haven't been slacking off :eek:

...and this has to be one of the dumbest threads I've read in a long time so I'm not going to start paying my dues either :D

MrGeeK
03-05-2006, 06:38 AM
Yeah, there is a forum posters union, FPU is the founder, president, tea lady, and

SOLE MEMBER

FPU, seriously dude you need a reality check! I quit SPF when I heard what they did to Chris, not because of what they did, but how they did it. Hell I don't think I ever talked to him on SPF the entire time I was a member.

Just let it go, there are far better and more interesting things to do.

Oh, and if your going to start this "You don't know who I am crap", no I don't know who you are, but I do know you have an ego the size of jupiter and I probably the ability to effect SPF that is about the size of an atom.

So shuddup, take a chill pill, and can't we all just get along?!?

First and Last comment on this subject

FPU
03-05-2006, 07:06 AM
There's a forum posters union? Because I haven't been paying my dues for the last 4 years :eek:

...and I haven't been going to the meetings :eek:

...and I haven't been slacking off :eek:

...and this has to be one of the dumbest threads I've read in a long time so I'm not going to start paying my dues either :D

Stick a pastry in your in your mouth Vinnie, you got to be one of the dumbest members out there and it would save us all time! :D

FPU
03-05-2006, 07:08 AM
Yeah, there is a forum posters union, FPU is the founder, president, tea lady, and

SOLE MEMBER

FPU, seriously dude you need a reality check! I quit SPF when I heard what they did to Chris, not because of what they did, but how they did it. Hell I don't think I ever talked to him on SPF the entire time I was a member.

Just let it go, there are far better and more interesting things to do.

Oh, and if your going to start this "You don't know who I am crap", no I don't know who you are, but I do know you have an ego the size of jupiter and I probably the ability to effect SPF that is about the size of an atom.

So shuddup, take a chill pill, and can't we all just get along?!?

First and Last comment on this subject

OK Rodney :D

PS: You ain't got no soul baby! :eek: :D

Chris
03-05-2006, 07:40 AM
What I don't understand is why this guy isn't more upset at me since apparently I'm the won who originally banned him. In anycase I think this thread has progressed far enough. It is pretty silly.