PDA

View Full Version : Photoshop - How do I resize an image in a layer?

Erin
03-04-2006, 08:05 PM
I'm a total newbie with Photoshop, so I know this question must be silly. Let's say I'm building a PSD with different elements in it, including JPGs or GIFs I have on my hard drive. Currently I open the desired JPG in Photoshop, hit CTRL+A, CTRL+C to select and copy the image, then CTRL+V to paste that image into the PSD that I'm building. The problem is that I often need to resize that image in the new PSD, but I don't see any "handles" or anything like that to resize the image easily. I know I can resize the image before I copy and paste, but that's tedious because it involves a bit of trial and error. Is there an easier way to do this?

Sean
03-04-2006, 08:17 PM
I'm not sure exactly what you mean, but have you tried using edit / free transform?

Varelse
03-04-2006, 08:27 PM
Just press ctrl+T (for Transform) and then you can resize both using the handles or percentage/pixel values (top bar).
Remember that scaling up will result in the blurred layer contents (the more blurred the bigger scaling-up factor).
After scaling down, use the Unsharp Mask filter to sharpen the layer.

Erin
03-04-2006, 11:41 PM
Thanks! I'll try those ideas next time. :)

barcan_andy
02-15-2007, 07:46 AM
I am newbie in Photoshop and i need a ebook for dummies.What can i do?

Erin
02-15-2007, 03:58 PM
I don't know of any legal ebooks for Photoshop. There are lots of Photoshop tutorial sites, though. You might want to check some of those out.

michael_gersitz
02-16-2007, 06:15 PM
good-tutorials.com

mark1
02-17-2007, 11:10 AM
Geez folks , I know there's people here with good sites with lots of photoshop tutorials, don't waste the traffic and help the community.

I hate the number one ---> good-tutorials, why? because it's not me..ah

Ok pixel2life.com is another good one. :D

Nerpolllder
10-20-2014, 04:29 PM
It’s really great post.