PDA

View Full Version : Close to Release

AndyH
03-03-2006, 09:10 PM
Universe Wars - http://www.uwars.com

No it isn't any of the pesky standards compliant. Maybe i'll pay someone from here to convert it once it is finished. :)

Just like some opinions. How easy is it to find information you need? Need more information - what? Would you signup? (signup works, feel free to)

Excite
03-03-2006, 09:41 PM
Manual and Blog/News buttons are both broken as is the lost password button.

Colors are great ... nice illi work. The colors of the artwork really pop off the page. It's a nice greeting for would-be visitors.

Ben
03-03-2006, 10:39 PM
The site looks awesome, just a quick question what is it about?

agua
03-04-2006, 12:24 AM
Love the graphics :)

I registered though and never recieved an email... not even in my junk folder.

Ben - I believe it is some kind of online game.

AndyH
03-04-2006, 12:42 AM
Yeah it is an online game.

I noticed it took about 10 minutes for the email to arrive for a mate of mine. How long did you wait? I will need to get that sorted out also so it gets there straight away.

agua
03-04-2006, 12:48 AM
I've waited over an hour... instant would be better if possible.

Ben
03-04-2006, 02:04 AM
Oh a game, I am going to register. Really cool.

EDIT: Man this is a really cool game, better than any virtual pet game that I have ever seen. If you have any sort of administrating jobs available, I would be more than happy to take them. Bloody awesome

Mike
03-04-2006, 03:15 AM
Looks pretty cool... I've just signed up and awaiting the user activation email.

Before when I've registered with your other games I've never received the email, do you know why this is? Do you have any set rules for hotmail addresses etc?

AndyH
03-04-2006, 03:17 AM
Normally they go to junk mail with Hotmail (maybe with Yahoo etc also...)

Mike
03-04-2006, 03:18 AM
Heh, strange. I've just received the email. Don't know what happened to the rest when I tried registering for your other games last year :)

Oh and Andy... how do you promote your games? I'm looking at developing a sports based one, but don't have a clue how to get people to it.

AndyH
03-04-2006, 03:25 AM
Word of mouth alot would be from. Then there is top lists (MPOGD, TopWebGames, ApexWebGaming).

Advertised on eBaumsWorld, it went great as did on Westech's CrazyMoneyGames.com.

At the start it is going to be tough. If I could go back I would have spent more on advertising in the beginning.

Ben
03-04-2006, 03:35 AM
I know this game will definately be a hit. Once you can attack people, it will be awesome

Michael
03-04-2006, 03:43 AM
Andy,

I think you should have an "About" page, on my initial viewing of the page I did not know what the site was about. This may be a problem for many users - they won't signup because they don't know what it is.

Regards,
Michael

AndyH
03-04-2006, 03:47 AM
Thanks Michael for that suggestion.

Would besides "Blog / News" be a good place for it? I was going to do a "Features" page so maybe I can combine the two.

moonshield
03-04-2006, 07:59 AM
I signed up last night, but I have still not received the email.

Masetek
03-04-2006, 07:59 AM
Andy your graphics are awesome!

AndyH
03-04-2006, 08:05 AM
moonshield - Hotmail? Checked your junk mail folder? This is something i'm going to have to follow up for sure.

Masetek - Not mine personally, but yeah the guy that does them is awsome. Cheap to.

The frontpage graphic was only $40.

Different guy:
http://www.uwars.com/images/attack_scene.jpg

ses5909
03-04-2006, 08:33 AM
Nice site. The graphics are great. Good luck with it!

moonshield
03-04-2006, 09:00 AM
moonshield - Hotmail? Checked your junk mail folder? This is something i'm going to have to follow up for sure.

Masetek - Not mine personally, but yeah the guy that does them is awsome. Cheap to.

Different guy:

Nope. I was using my own webmail. I will try again using gmail.

moonshield
03-04-2006, 09:05 AM
Now I have it. Looks like a great game. Good job.

It's a little complex for someone who has never played this type of game before. I need to look at some help files or something.

Tijmen
03-04-2006, 10:02 AM
The Illustrations look great, but it isn't really clear to me where the sites is about.

Mike
03-04-2006, 11:13 AM
Yeah, if there was a help file it would be much better. Love the layout and everything, but I'm not sure what to buy and why I'd buy stuff etc.

Edit: Sorry, just seen the tutorial in the forum!

Cutter
03-04-2006, 12:10 PM
I just signed up, is this one of those tradewars style text games?

Masetek
03-04-2006, 04:43 PM

Different guy:

Is this guy working for you or for hire?