PDA

View Full Version : Article Revenue Sharing

Chris
03-03-2006, 04:01 PM
I plan on coding a system in the coming weeks whereby the authors of articles on this site will get a share in the adsense revenue.

On any article you write your own adsense code can be used 50% of the time.

I would require though that you submit atleast one article per year to maintain your status. After a year without any new article I would reserve the right to remove your code from all your articles.

I also have pretty high standards in regards to article content. I do not accept articles published elsewhere at more than a couple places. For instance those articles people submit everwhere, those are no good.

I also do not like redundant information. If an article on this site already says the same thing as your article, I will not accept it.

I also prefer longer and more indepth articles as I find them more useful.

So if you're interested let me know.

(and yes any prior authors can ask to have their code put up, but the year thing still applies).

KLB
03-03-2006, 04:07 PM
I might be interested in this. My current ad-blocking thread could be polished up later into a real article.

dc dalton
03-03-2006, 04:19 PM
what kind of article sare you looking for Chris?

I've always wanted to do an SEO artcile from a coders point of view (basically showing the proper way to code a site to get the best natural rankings. Something just about any coder can understand and follow...

Chris
03-03-2006, 04:28 PM
Well... understand my standards for SEO articles are higher than any other topic. Basically I have to agree with everything you say and then it can't be previously covered in the many SEO articles I've already done. Maybe do a TOC first and run it by me?

Really though, more technical articles are what this site needs.

dc dalton
03-03-2006, 04:36 PM
I'll glance through all your SEO articles again. Im sure you may have covered some of it, but I'll look..

Technical stuff I can do... I'll need to do some thinking

ses5909
03-03-2006, 06:37 PM
When you say technical, how technical are we talking? I'm assuming you don't want Java or .NET tutorials, but something about the technical side of being a website pubisher perhaps? Just trying to get some kind of a scope b/c I always have ideas running in my head.

Chris
03-03-2006, 06:54 PM
JAva or .net tutorials would be fine. But what I prefer are practical cookbook type articles.

If you look through this category:

http://www.websitepublisher.net/website_development/

You'll see there are already articles that are pretty technical.

ses5909
03-03-2006, 07:09 PM
I see a big void in the requirements gathering and design (application design, not HTML) phases of a website. Of course some database design would be great too. These are my favorite parts of the development process.

dc dalton
03-03-2006, 07:24 PM
Yeah I've got a few ideas too that could be of use to people who are ready to take the leap into heavier web apps, without getting too down and dirty.

I'll have to dwell on it for a few days

stymiee
03-03-2006, 07:38 PM
I should submit my gateway article. Now if I only had an adsense account...

Chris
03-03-2006, 08:19 PM
No adsense account? Shame... don't forget there is a referral link on this forum ;)

dc dalton
03-03-2006, 09:28 PM
I should submit my gateway article. Now if I only had an adsense account...

Hey John, your brainyminds link isnt working right

Mike
03-04-2006, 02:58 AM
Is a hosting review on a company too specific? Are you more interested in articles that show what to look for in a host for example...

Chris
03-04-2006, 06:37 AM
Yes and Yes. But that particular topic has been done before.

charmedlover
03-04-2006, 06:48 PM
If I ever get some time I may look into writing an article for Website Publisher, but I do have my own eZine to keep up. :)

MaxS
03-04-2006, 09:19 PM
That's a great idea. If I can think of anything that I'm knowledgeable enough to write about, I'll give it a shot.