PDA

View Full Version : Using domain placeholder pages to boost PR

Westech
11-13-2003, 08:34 AM
I have quite a few domains that I am currently not doing anything with. I've been thinking about putting a "placeholder" page on each one with one or more links to my sites and submiting them to google to increase PR. I'm wondering if having identical content on each domain will cause any kind of permanent penalty for the domains. I want to avoid this since I plan to develop the domains in the future.

Also, if I do this, what is the best way to do it for optimum pagerank? The domains I would be placing the links on would obviously have PR=0, so I guess the only benefit I'd get would be from increasing the number of incoming links.

Should I just do one page with a blurb about the site I'm linking to and a link? Or should I create several pages linking to each other on each domain, each with a link to the site I'm trying to promote?

I appreciate any help that any of you can give!

Chris
11-13-2003, 09:55 AM
The benefit from this will be so miniscule it won't even be worth your time. Plus there is always the risk that it would be seen as spam.

Westech
11-13-2003, 10:13 AM
OK. Thanks. Guess it's back to the drawing board...

michael_gersitz
11-13-2003, 04:15 PM
I would create several mini sites with similar content... link them to eachother and to your main site... eventually there PR will build up, and at least you will get more backlinks...

Westech
11-14-2003, 07:39 AM
Thanks for the suggestion. The problem is, as Chris says, that I'm not sure the benefit will be worth the time it takes me to develop individual content for each site.

The site I'm currently promoting is a forum site. How do you think Google would react if I pulled the content for each domain from a thread on the site (using a different thread for each domain) and then placed a link to my site on each domain?

Chris
11-14-2003, 08:57 AM
It'd be duplicate content, something they specifically have a policy against.

Westech
11-14-2003, 01:42 PM
I guess your right. Thanks.

michael_gersitz
11-14-2003, 04:18 PM
Do you have a regular site for the forum?

Westech
11-17-2003, 07:40 AM
No, just the forum for now. I'll put a front page on it when vbulletin 3 final is released. I'm also planning to add more to it in the future.