PDA

View Full Version : Not my first post but Hello to all

jeremycurtis
03-03-2006, 02:43 AM
I've posted a few times already but I can see this become a "home" for me. Great place to learn. My Intro:-

I started my own business as a web developer 10 months ago and have been finding my way ever since. My core income comes from web developing but ever since I started I have grown more interested in publishing. I love marketing and I really like it best when its not big corporate, but small viral marketing.

So I have been looking for the right opportunity to get into web site publishing but could not pin a niche down ... until ...

A friend of mine had written for The Children Webmag for 6 years and their current techy was retiring. They had 3 choices, close, simple blog or find someone else. The Webmag has over 1000 articles in its database and a PR of 5 and over 10 articles/month being written. So hey presto, my website publishing career could begin. Sadly, the readership when I took it on 2 months ago was 6000 visitors/month. The current run rate is about 500/day now so that's more than double when I started. I hope I can continue to grow it. Sadly too, my income from it is pennies too and my hours invested is more than my day job (it is my say job!)

So that's how I came to be here. My first posts when enquiring to see if adsense would work for The Children Webmag were immediately answered by Chris & Cutter and gave me the confidence to move ahead.

If I can get this one to fly then it will not be last.

Johnny Gulag
03-03-2006, 03:01 AM
Hello

You have been a member for longer than I have, ;) but I welcome you to the community none the less :)

stymiee
03-03-2006, 08:29 AM
Better late then never, Jeremy. :)

KLB
03-03-2006, 08:37 AM
So your one of those cool :cool: early adoptors who joined these forums before the SPF incident. :)

jeremycurtis
03-03-2006, 08:47 AM
Hi KLB,
I'm not one to follow politics and in fact while I have a few SP books (I quite like them) I've not spent much time on their forums. So I only recently connected Chris with both and now less than a week later I find this out. I like this forum. It's more focussed on what I want to do.

KLB
03-03-2006, 08:55 AM
I don't think any of us have anything against SP per say and from what I understand their books are very good. Its just that as of late the forums haven't "fit" as nice and the Chris incident kind of pushed many over the edge. As you say these forums are very well focussed on what I like to do. I think we all stand to learn a lot here if we are serious about web publishing.