PDA

View Full Version : Forget sitepoint! I'm here now....

krohnathlonman
03-02-2006, 11:56 PM
I haven't really been around sitepoint the past few months because honestly its been going downhill for quite a while! I started posting more at namepro's for a while but I think I might just spend some time over here ;)

Who am I some of you might be asking...

I'm the founder of (tons of others);
iamnotageek.com
networktechs.com

Current owner/developer of gamescript.net

Yes I make alot of money :) only 5 figures monthly....

anyway... I'm tired LOL been reading a few threads about the whole sitepoint thing but I thought I'd pop in to say hello before I put my name is earl on and go to bed.

Johnny Gulag
03-02-2006, 11:57 PM
Welcome to the community :)

agua
03-03-2006, 01:20 AM
Welcome :)

Michael
03-03-2006, 01:23 AM
Welcome ! :D

jelena
03-03-2006, 02:32 AM
Hey krohnathlonman! Welcome :)

Mullen
03-03-2006, 02:38 AM
Welcome to the forums. :)

Bleys
03-03-2006, 02:44 PM
Welcome...

Man, this place has so many SPF members now, I almost just tried to move this thread to the Introductions forum. ;)

KLB
03-03-2006, 02:53 PM
Dude your really suffering not having admin powers here aren't you?

charmedlover
03-03-2006, 02:58 PM
Välkommen till Website Publisher!

dc dalton
03-03-2006, 03:04 PM
Dude your really suffering not having admin powers here aren't you?

I think he's starting to forget where he is ....... poor Josh!

Anways, not to high jack your tread.... come on in, there's a bunch of us refugees her and things could get really silly really fast!

stymiee
03-03-2006, 03:27 PM
Every name is familar and active. This place is gonna explode.

Chris
03-03-2006, 03:32 PM
I hope so. It could fade though.

I mean honestly, for the coders & designers this site doesn't offer nearly as much as SitePoint. The business people should like it fine, but the code junkies might need their fix.

dc dalton
03-03-2006, 03:37 PM

I mean honestly, for the coders & designers this site doesn't offer nearly as much as SitePoint. The business people should like it fine, but the code junkies might need their fix.

HMM, funny you should mention that .... we need to get the coders happening and some things set up for them. I know I'm jonesing to help someone with some code (someone get me a hershey bar PLEASE)

KLB
03-03-2006, 03:46 PM

In a way it is refreshing to be on a forum that focuses on web publishing rather than web development for hire. I want to earn six figures from web publishing and to do that I need to learn a great deal more.

Cutter
03-03-2006, 04:18 PM
Exactly, nothing wrong with being a tighter niche. Over the next few years I believe web publishing is going to be recognized as a serious and extremely lucrative business. The business models and best practices are still being worked out as this industry continues to mature.

By the way, I had my newest forum explode on me in the last few months. As long as there is a steady trickle of new users there is no reason for this to slow down.

Erin
03-03-2006, 04:28 PM
Welcome! It'll be great to have your input here.

I mean honestly, for the coders & designers this site doesn't offer nearly as much as SitePoint. The business people should like it fine, but the code junkies might need their fix.Actually, that's one thing about SP that makes me feel a bit excluded--I'm not a coder by any stretch of the imagination, but I'd really like to talk with others who run businesses.

KLB
03-03-2006, 04:39 PM
Actually, that's one thing about SP that makes me feel a bit excluded--I'm not a coder by any stretch of the imagination, but I'd really like to talk with others who run businesses.

Agreed, I code my own stuff, but I don't live and breath it. But I do like the web publishing business a lot and want to talk with others about it.

CreationNation
03-03-2006, 05:13 PM
Heya folks, assimilation complete. Glad to be here (lurked for a long time)!

Bleys
03-03-2006, 07:37 PM
The business people should like it fine, but the code junkies might need their fix.

Fine with me, I know virtually nothing of code and design ;)

And welcome, Creation Nation!

Todd W
03-04-2006, 01:56 AM
Welcome, your iamnotageek.com is great! And if I remember right you were grossing 5 figures with that site alone :)

Glad to have you here.

ses5909
03-04-2006, 08:41 AM

I'll definitely still be at SP for my code fix. But you've got several programmers here now that do run their own business or have experience with website publishing that can also participate in the business discussions. Who knows, perhaps the programming section will grow a bit.

KLB
03-04-2006, 08:53 AM
I guess I'll just need to make more of an effort to answer coding questions than I did at SP. Over there someone always had a better answer when it came to coding, but I found the web publishing business side to be lacking.

krohnathlonman
03-04-2006, 04:07 PM
bah... just had to post on sitepoint for selling a site... thats about all that place is good for these days ;)

KLB
03-04-2006, 04:15 PM
The question is do you really want to see this forum get as big as SP so that it can support selling sites for any kind of money?

Chris
03-04-2006, 04:37 PM
Heh, I do. I have no idea how much they earn off the forums but I would estimate that I could earn 50-$100k a month off that traffic.

zomp
03-04-2006, 06:47 PM
welcome :P