PDA

View Full Version : Should an Content Driven Site Post Articles Elsewhere?

jeremycurtis
02-22-2006, 03:13 AM
Hi,
Much talk is made of writing articles for online article databases so that you gain both traffic and intime a number of quality inbound links. This make good sense for a site selling products or services etc. I run a site that basically has articles written and we publish them - about 10+ a month. Does it make sense to take some of those and publish them elsewhere to get inbound links and traffic? Or is it going to detract from my own content.

My site is http://www.childrenwebmag.com and 95%+ of the content is all original.

As always, thanks in advance
Jeremy

Chris
02-22-2006, 08:22 AM
I wouldn't do it. Yes, it is a good way to get links, but with turnkey duplicate content sites multiplying like the plague search engines are getting tougher on duplicate content and you don't want to hurt your own side.

Instead, consider writing a selection of "syndication articles" that you do not publish on your own site and instead submit out to many other sites.

Cutter
02-22-2006, 10:19 AM
A critical factor is where the articles get published. I would target specific sites rather than releasing them on one of these free articles site.

jeremycurtis
02-22-2006, 12:50 PM
There obvious and great ideas that I did not think of. That is exactly what I'll do.