PDA

View Full Version : I don't want to endup in google.com, only in google.be

Percept
11-12-2003, 12:04 PM
I'm making a website specificly for Belgian users ... now with all the stuff I've learned here, there's a good chance I'll be attracting a great deal of non-belgian traffic ( who won't be able to do anything on the site since it's not going to be in english ). So I was wondering if it's possible to tell google only to show my website in the results when people search for belgian websites.

digitalpoint
11-12-2003, 12:53 PM
Not that I know of... it would be up to the end-user (Google seacher) to specify English only sites if they wanted.

- Shawn

Chris
11-12-2003, 04:34 PM
By using a .be domain and using belgian as your language you should have no problem avoiding non-belgian traffic for the most part.

Now, I don't mean you won't be found through Google.com, but rather you'll be found through Google.com if a person searches for a belgian word in which case they're most likely belgian.

X Q mano
11-12-2003, 05:29 PM
And don't you think a lot of belgians use google.com rather than google.be?

michael_gersitz
11-12-2003, 05:56 PM
I would think more people would use google.com than there native language...

Percept
11-20-2003, 08:46 AM
Thanks Chris.
I'm not sure if I will use this method but it's good to know it is possible.

incka
11-20-2003, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by Chris
By using a .be domain and using belgian as your language you should have no problem avoiding non-belgian traffic for the most part.

Now, I don't mean you won't be found through Google.com, but rather you'll be found through Google.com if a person searches for a belgian word in which case they're most likely belgian.

Should I get a .com or a .net for my site? (Although 92% of my traffic is from the USA I only have a .co.uk domain...)

Chris
11-20-2003, 10:45 AM
if most of your traffic is US I'd get a .com or a .net

incka
11-21-2003, 11:48 AM
The problem is it is well branded as games2go, but all the .com/.net/.biz/.org/.info's are taken...

For over a year I've been emailing the owners of the .com and not getting replys... There is no site there...

So got any suggestions?