PDA

View Full Version : Google sitemaps question

Skeewe
02-16-2006, 01:38 AM
I have submited my site about 3 months ago, and also heve created sitemaps.
In Site Overview is says: site verified=OK, sitemaps=1

But site is still not indexed by Google.

Any advice?

Or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks

Cutter
02-16-2006, 11:05 AM
was the domain name registered before you got it? It could have been banned.

dc dalton
03-02-2006, 03:15 PM
Have you checked your server logs to see if their spider has been in.

You also have to understand this BigDaddy update has been painfully slow for most sites. I just got a site indexed 2 weeks ago that I put up and submitted back in October.

Also make sure you have a valid robots.txt file on your server and haven't mistakenly banned google in it (did that once by mistake)

Dan Grossman
03-02-2006, 04:54 PM
Submitting sitemaps, so far, has always led to GoogleBot at least visiting the site. A deep crawl and xx,xxx-page indexing is taking about 3 weeks for new sites for me.

About two months ago I expanded the size of one of my older sites, and submitted a sitemap for it, but Google's crawl level for the site has not gone up at all. There were about 300 indexed pages for ~3 years, and even though the site now has several thousand pages and Google still updates a few levels deep regularly, it isn't picking up more than about 300 pages at a time.

Mike Empuria
03-06-2006, 03:55 PM
Wait! I looked at my Sitemaps today for the first time in ages as I'd given up and at last Google is doing something with them. It has taken about four months. Google bot has always crawled them but until today I've not seen any results.