PDA

View Full Version : Images on website

slowitzki
02-15-2006, 10:20 AM
What are the rules and regulations for putting images on your website? I want to save a picture i found by searching on the web and upload it to my site. It doesn't have any wording or anything on it so I assume that it wouldn't be a problem. Could I be fined for any reason? I don't want to use them illegally. Basically I was doing a search on Google in the "images"---I don't know what company or website/affiliation the pictures were already a part of. The people in the pictures are actors/models portraying buying a house, etc. (the website is for a homebuilding company). The pictures are of families, for sale signs, etc. etc. Do you see a problem? If so, what do I have to do to make sure it is ok? And, if I need to go elsewhere for pictures, where would I go?

Chris
02-15-2006, 10:42 AM
Unless you took the picture with your camera, you can't use it without permission.

Try looking for stock photos, there is software you can get.

a free source is http://www.sxc.hu

peach
02-15-2006, 12:24 PM
you can also get great pictures from istockphoto and corbis but they are not free. (Not expensive too though)

Masetek
02-15-2006, 06:30 PM
you can also get great pictures from istockphoto and corbis but they are not free. (Not expensive too though)

I just go straight to istockphoto now. Every pic I've wanted has only cost me 1 credit ($1). That's nothing. And they have a huge range and a very impressive website.