PDA

View Full Version : MY SPACE has Double Traffic of Google in Just 2 Years

! search-engines-
02-12-2006, 05:15 PM
Sucess stories are always Fascinating - especiall when something grows in a short time....

How did they manage this Amazing feat ----- this article gives some hints..... :eek:

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/R/RISING_ONLINE_SPACE?SITE=CTDAN&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

dvduval
02-12-2006, 10:20 PM
Just give a bunch of teenagers a blog!
Who'd of thunk it? :)

Doug
02-12-2006, 10:47 PM
You know, I'm 18 and I spend a lot of time on the internet and I've never been to My Space. I did grow up in a back country hillbilly town though. I bet my cousins who live in a big city would crap their pants if they heard me say I'd never been to My Space. It seems like I remember reading on a forum somewhere that someone was using My Space for some sort of website advertisement. By the looks of the article, you could get some exposure.

jonnyhilfiger
02-13-2006, 11:01 AM
Maybe I'm just old but I just don't get Myspace. Even after reading that article I still don't get it. I even signed up a few weeks ago and I'm none the wiser.

Why why why why why, someone please explain and put me out of my lonesome oldsome misery :confused:

John

The New Guy
02-13-2006, 12:10 PM
MySpace is an utter waste of space. Its ICQ mentality revived.

Cutter
02-13-2006, 12:54 PM
Traffic is a relative term. Pageview, yes, users, no. Its basically like combining AIM and blogs, people go there to meet people and talk.

Doug
02-15-2006, 12:49 AM
Well, I just made a profile there. It doesn't look near as good as other people's though. Maybe it's because I just don't really care.

s2kinteg916
02-15-2006, 08:42 AM
maybe u need friends..

Kyle
02-15-2006, 09:50 AM
Just about all of my associates and friends who have been active on the Internet since the mid 90's don't us MySpace. Most (not all) of the people who use MySpace are the same fake, superficial *****es I don't wish to meet in person. So reading their profiles based on fabrications sounds about as fun as sorting through the garbage at www.webmasterworld.com/forum30/.

! search-engines-
02-15-2006, 01:59 PM
http://digg.com/links/How_MY_SPACE_grew_into_a_Monster_-_Learning_from_Flaws_of_Competition

This was Digg - ed the same day- apparently there is a love / hate releationship among the 100 commenters - interesting comparison to this forums Comments

Kyle
02-15-2006, 03:14 PM
Example my space post...

LIKE OMG! I WENT TO THIS CLUB LAST NIGHT! AND LIKE OMG! I MET THIS GUY AND HE WAS SO CUTE! BUT OMG HE SMOKED! I CANT BE WITH SOMEONE WHO SMOKES! THEY'RE STINKY! TEE HEE!!!! LOL!

I HAVE 50392 FRIENDS! BUT I ONLY PRETEND TO CARE FOR EACH ONE!

<3 ALWAYS!!!

James
02-16-2006, 01:16 AM
ROFLCOPTER!!

Yeah, basically it's the place for the people that think they're hot **** to tell the 6 people that see their MySpace page a bunch of random, poorly typed, incoherent garbage.

I've never been able to crawl through the crap and enjoy that site. At least it's like throwing something sweet and stinky near fly-endangered food, and giving everyone nose plugs; these people are on MySpace instead of loose on the web, lowering everyone else's IQs with their garbage.

marketraisecorp
08-25-2006, 04:42 AM
Yeah.its basically because they targeted the right audience at right time.

Regards,
marketraise

cameron
08-25-2006, 05:59 AM
The link isn't working for me.

I use myspace. I have two profiles. One is for my skateboarding website. I use it to contact skateboarders that have good pictures in their profile and request them to submit content for the site. The other is a music profile featuring music I've written.

The third thing I use myspace for is listening to new bands. I hear about at least 10 bands a week. It's easy to do a google search like "band name myspace", go to their profile and listen to some songs. Better than going to their official site and having to download mp3s. You can stream their music instead and see if you like it.

deronsizemore
08-25-2006, 06:11 AM
I hate myspace. I've been there a time or two just browsing profiles of some friends and half the time I get some error that the database is down.

aeroguy
08-27-2006, 10:05 PM
For people who are using myspace, how do you monetize that type of general traffic?

AmbulanceBlues
08-29-2006, 09:19 PM
There are alot of these sheeple, and I won't begrudge them their myspace. It's just the latest thing, only this one is alot easier to use and alot more accessible to the technically uninclined than previous such efforts. (AIM, mIRC, early html chatrooms were popular the last time I cared to be sociable.)

At least they're all congregating in the same place, and it really is a narrow demographic proliferating there. I would think having sooo many uniques would make their traffic worth more to the advertiser, even though they spend less money less frequently. And it keeps them from posting their text-message-esque garbage in forums all over the internet.

Mike
08-30-2006, 12:32 AM
I just don't get it either, I don't really see what the fascination is.

villarise
12-14-2006, 11:21 PM
I think myspace is a good idea, unfortunately I did not think about it... it is too late now ...

villarise
12-14-2006, 11:25 PM
For people who are using myspace, how do you monetize that type of general traffic?

Someone was selling a myspace account with 16000 friends, to a good marketer that is a good market target of 16000 people willing to listen. Imagine if you wanted to release a new single and you send it out to your 16000 friends on myspace ...with a request to them to send it to at least 5 of their friends... a good multi level marketing here... which will result in millions listening to the new single. That is why you see most celebrities are using myspace... it keeps them close to the grassroots.