PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone~~~

astepabove
02-11-2006, 12:03 AM
[FONT=Comic Sans MS] Hi everyone~~ I found this site doing a search, hoping someone can help me a bit...

I have a cleaning business and I want to build a website where my customers can log in, view their acct, appt history, book appointments and pay for appts. Can anyone help me, advise me where to go, how to set it up? I'm limited on funds and cannot spend thousands on a website.... ;) Any help is appreciated

Sean
02-11-2006, 04:30 AM
To get the site built, I suggest either setting up a project at a places like:

www.elance.com
www.rentacoder.com
www.scriptlace.com

or posting in a market place on one the various webmaster forums like:

www.sitepoint.com
www.digitalpoint.com

Either way, include your exact specifications and budget and be sure to get someone with a solid reputation to avoid getting scammed or dissatisfied. Check out their feedback, trader rating, post history etc. for that.

For hosting you'll probably need server side script (PHP, ASP, or CGI) and database (MySql, MSql) support and enough space/bandwidth as your site will require.

There's too many hosts to really suggest one. I have used www.midphase.com and www.startlogic.com but their plans might be more than you need. www.webhostingtalk.com might be a good place to find a host for your needs.

If your hosting package doesn't come with a domain, www.namecheap.com or www.godaddy.com are a couple domain registrars (I use namecheap and have no complaints so far).

Hope this helps, good luck.