PDA

View Full Version : Adsense Channels

izwar
02-10-2006, 10:29 PM
Im confused of what they are exactly and how to use them and what they do and what i get outta it thanks for anyone that can help me out thanks. My site is launching in a week ill be sure to post it up here so you guys can see its a nightclub based site. take care

john190
02-11-2006, 11:08 AM
They are a good thing to use if you have more than one site or you want to see how well an adsense ad is doing on your site.

etech-martin
02-11-2006, 11:14 AM
Hello Izwar,

I hope you are aware about Google Adsense. It is an advertising company and you can generate revenue through the placing ads on your site. This is the one of the most good reliable and reputed ad company online.
Regarding Adsense Channels, it provides and track the performance of your site pages. By using channels, you understand how is your site traffic flows and what is really generating the revenue for you. You should visit this link to know more about it. :)
https://www.google.com/support/adsense/bin/topic.py?topic=152
I wish you the best for your upcoming site. Good Luck! :)

Regards,

Martin.

izwar
02-13-2006, 09:31 AM
thanks i figured out how to do it, im just gonna use channels to track my leaderboard and skyscraper ads. Thanks. also does anyone know if the nightlife industry has high paying words and clicks?

KLB
03-02-2006, 07:47 PM
I realize izwar has figured out how to use channels, but I'd like to add some suggestions.

I have found having a very systematic way of using channels to be extremely helpful at measuring AdSense performance not only on a banner position by banner position basis but on a section by section basis on my site. I can determine which types of article generate the best revenue and I can even determine which writers produce articles that generate the best return.

The way I do this is to systematically name each channel. For instance I might use "EC/A JoeSmith - Enviro #2" as a channel name. The "EC/A" tells me that it is for my an author on my environmental chemistry website. "JoeSmith" tells me the author's name, "Enviro" tells me it was an environmental article and "#2" tells me it was the second AdSense banner position. When I import my AdSense data into my database I can run queries that break that string appart and allow me to look at revenue rates based on the the site, the subject matter, the author and/or banner position. This allows me to optimize revenues by slowly tweaking any facet and helps me determine what is a proper rate to be paying writers or to reevaluate whether to request articles on specific topics.

It so happens that I'm very concerned about the overall quality of my site not just how much revenue particular type of article will generate. As such, I will often times request a really high quality article even though I know it will generate next to no revenue. I also pay the same for a high quality article with little commercial value as I do for an article that would generate a lot of revenue as I know both articles take the same amount of work to produce.

By being able to track my revenue in such detail I can ensure the overall viability of my website and make sure I'm not spending too much time or money on non-viable endeavors.