PDA

View Full Version : How was you January?

r2d2
02-03-2006, 01:12 AM
Haven't seen the 'Jan' thread, so thought I'd start it since I had a good one :)

Record month on Adsense, along with a record day. Had a day which I earnt practically enough to live off :)

Overall made about $450 in Jan. Mainly due to increase in traffic to house buying site.

Also got engaged.

agua
02-03-2006, 01:34 AM
Also got engaged. Congratulations :D

No adsense profits to report... I need to put my ideas into action, but I've picked up 3 new design clients this month and had a heap of changes to do for existing clients. Normally, for me, January is slow design-wise - so I'm well happy :cool:

Todd W
02-03-2006, 02:07 AM
Best so far

MarkB
02-03-2006, 02:51 AM
Congrats R2.

Great month for me thanks to some new ad sales. Allllmost cracked $700. Hoping to beat that and get close to $1000/month by April.

AndyH
02-03-2006, 03:21 AM
Same old...

Masetek
02-03-2006, 05:49 AM
Very pleased.

My revenue almost doubled again for the 3rd month in a row as I roll out at least 1 new sites per month..

congrats r2 :)

chromate
02-03-2006, 06:34 AM
Very good month for me. Almost doubled Dec. Bought myself a laptop to celebrate! Now I really must stop spending and save a little ;) Got to build up a decent size deposit to buy a house.

Congratulations on your engagement r2! How did you propose? Anything exciting? :)

Sean
02-03-2006, 06:45 AM
January was great, the last two days of Jan. each saw more ad impressions than all of Dec. combined... and many of Dec.'s were mine. (heh)

Also got a Zeal listing for my font site, thought that was pretty cool.

r2d2
02-03-2006, 08:14 AM
Now I really must stop spending and save a little ;) Got to build up a decent size deposit to buy a house.

I'm saving for a house too. Saved all through 2005, and should have enough in the middle of this year. Plan to buy a property to develop, then sell in a year or so - how about you?

Congratulations on your engagement r2! How did you propose? Anything exciting? :)

Proposed on the beach in Hawaii - thought it would be a shame to waste the opportunity. Couldn't quite track down a nice sunset, but it was still pretty nice.

Great month for me thanks to some new ad sales. Allllmost cracked $700.

Good work Mark - I must work on catching up with you again!

Westech
02-03-2006, 08:23 AM
Down a little from December, but still the 2nd best month I've had.

R2, congratulations on the good month and on the engagement, not necissarily in that order. :)

James
02-03-2006, 08:52 AM
Just a day or twp short of breaking $300 from one site. That same site broke 50,000 uniques this month.

Mike
02-03-2006, 09:29 AM
Not a good month for me, the worst for quite a while actually. It seems to have started quite well in Feb though :)

Congrats r2!

Chris
02-03-2006, 11:06 AM
Down from december of course... advertising revenue was pretty good though, actually was my best Adsense month ever (by a smidge). I attribute that mostly to new placements/new sites.

chromate
02-03-2006, 02:35 PM
I attribute that mostly to new placements/new sites.

Your lazer hair removal site? Getting some good traffic to that already?

I'm saving for a house too. Saved all through 2005, and should have enough in the middle of this year. Plan to buy a property to develop, then sell in a year or so - how about you?

I hope to have enough of a deposit by about the middle of next year. I've read that I'll need more being self employed to get the same mortgage deals as someone that's employed.

I would definitely look for a property to develop. I'm pretty good at DIY (or so I like to think!) and should be able to reduce a lot of the expenses by doing a fair bit of the renovation work myself. I spoke to some estate agents and it seems it's actually quite competitive finding a good property to develop right now though, probably due to all the TV shows. Everyone's looking for properties with "potential." But I think I have a good advantage over a lot of people as I have loads of free time to work on it and a backup income from web publishing. So it seems logical thing to do with my time.

It's also easier to get a larger motgage on a property that's going to be developed due to the eventual sale value.

Problem is, I'm prepared to live in complete disarray for months while the property is being worked on - my girlfriend isn't! Oh well, she'll just have to ;)

Chris
02-03-2006, 02:58 PM
Your lazer hair removal site? Getting some good traffic to that already?

Not really. A hundred impressions a day maybe. Only in Google so far, and not even with a PR.

Cutter
02-03-2006, 07:59 PM
Best month ever, and thats without any ads on my new premium domain name site I'm developing.

Doug
02-04-2006, 11:26 PM
It was an ok month for me. Traffic was up over December but that's because most people weren't at work wasting time at Strange-Facts during the holidays. February is starting out really nice for me though. Hope it keeps up.

michael_gersitz
02-05-2006, 09:32 PM
Congrats R2.

Great month for me thanks to some new ad sales. Allllmost cracked $700. Hoping to beat that and get close to $1000/month by April.

I thought u could barely get over $150 a month ago?

I could barely crack 1200.00 boooooo. I guess I need more content and more traffic?

James
02-06-2006, 01:52 AM
Ding ding. Maybe also some more link exchanges and experimentation with ads and your layout.

MarkB
02-06-2006, 05:50 AM
I thought u could barely get over $150 a month ago?

I could barely crack 1200.00 boooooo. I guess I need more content and more traffic?

Hmm, no, not me. I have been doing over $400/month since October.