PDA

View Full Version : OS Commerce SEO Addon

Todd W
01-27-2006, 04:14 PM
Hey what SEO addon are you guys using for OS Commerce now? I had one a while ago but it looks like it's not around naymore or I can't find it.

While on topic of OSC, what affil. addon do you suggesT?
-Todd

Chris
01-27-2006, 06:23 PM
Try the CREloaded.com version of OSC. I think it comes with nearly everything you need.

I'm not sure though. I'm having mine customized and I just told him what I wanted and I don't know if all the SEO features I wanted are built in or if they're things he's adding.

I plan to blog about the whole process on SP once it's done.

Todd W
01-27-2006, 08:03 PM
Try the CREloaded.com version of OSC. I think it comes with nearly everything you need.

I'm not sure though. I'm having mine customized and I just told him what I wanted and I don't know if all the SEO features I wanted are built in or if they're things he's adding.

I plan to blog about the whole process on SP once it's done.

Thanks, that's the one I was looking for "CRE" version.

MarkB
01-27-2006, 11:44 PM
I use OSCMax out of the box, and Google laps it up.

Todd W
01-28-2006, 12:28 AM

Is that the same as CRE? I can't find the download link for OSCMax only a support site, and I found OSCMax mentioned on CRE but am not sure if they are 1 in the same?

MarkB
01-28-2006, 05:26 AM
www.OSCDox.com - you'll need a (free) account to download: http://oscdox.com/Downloads-index-req-viewdownload-cid-6.html

tommy_boy
01-28-2006, 10:11 AM
I looked at Cre and there are some things that still need to be changed. For example the continue buttons linking to the index.php I think are what roached my PR and the store or catalog directories being left make it difficult for spiders to follow. Examples of what I am talking about can be found here:
without catalog or store directory:
webmaster-toolkit.com/search-engine-simulator.shtml?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.monstersinmot ion.com
with the directory:
webmaster-toolkit.com/search-engine-simulator.shtml?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.monstersinmot ion.com%2Fcatalog
If you visit this site you will notice they use a redirect to get around this problem.

Todd W
01-29-2006, 12:50 PM

Is it just me or does the OSXMax site not have a list of features?
I can't seem to find if it supports affiliates like CRE version... Am I blind or does their site kind of suck as far as location of info.

Found some features by searching google.. looks liek it has affil :)

Thanks i`ll give it a shot.

Todd W
01-29-2006, 01:37 PM
Installed OSCMax.

Is there a default admin e-mail and password? I didn't set one during install and don't have one to login wtih ?

Todd W
01-29-2006, 02:09 PM
That was fun.

I had to go into PHPMyAdmin, change the username and e-mail of the admin account and then do a password reset with my new info. (If I had known the default admin data I wouldn't have had to reset that stuff of course)

Also, kind of funny.

In the e-mail from automated password reset.

-------------------
Username: todd@mysite.com
Password: --Hidden--

Thanks!
WSAGKMZK
-------------------

It says password --hidden-- but I thought i`d try that jumble under Thanks, and sure enough that's my password! LOL Must be a glitch.
-Todd

MarkB
01-29-2006, 11:30 PM
Yeah, there's a default admin user/pass, hidden in a readme file (each time I forget what it is when installing a new store, it takes me an age to find it again!).

Todd W
01-29-2006, 11:43 PM
Yeah, there's a default admin user/pass, hidden in a readme file (each time I forget what it is when installing a new store, it takes me an age to find it again!).

Ah, thanks.

Found some glitches?
It's not saving product description, and or 'date' available.

Not to mention it's kind of sucky that each time you change an articles title and refresh the SEO cache it changes the page name.. so once you get the store going don't change article titles or pages get renamed heh.