PDA

View Full Version : Converting HTML to CSS

sussmal
11-09-2003, 06:50 AM
This is probably a stupid question but can I take my currentl website and convert it to CSS? Whats the easiest way to do this?:confused:

Chris
11-09-2003, 07:22 AM
There are no automatical conversion tools.

Generally, people start out using CSS for things like text formatting. Color, alignment, weight, size. That is fairly simple to do.

Using CSS to control all aspects of your site, including positioning/layout is much more complicated and is something I don't even do most of the time.

sussmal
11-09-2003, 07:54 AM
I really made my site simple so SE will be able to read it. The only thing that I have that I am not sure of is the flash menus, but I was sure to place links through out the HP to insure the bots can track. What tool do you use to check your page for errors. Some one said I had errors n my page. I am using FP 2003

Chris
11-09-2003, 08:24 AM
FP has a habit of producing bad code -- but if you don't know HTML enough to do it by hand... well... you're stuck with it or Dreamweaver.

Flash menu's are horrible for search engines.

Also I'd get rid of the counter on the bottom left.

There comes a time when people need to accept their limitations. Now I don't know about you but I'm personally not the world's best designer. So, since I do so well now, I pay others to design my sites for me. I get really nice designs for around $200.

If your business is doing well you may want to consider outsourcing the development to people who understand the technologies better.

sussmal
11-09-2003, 12:32 PM
My business does well enough, but before I out source webdesign (an idea I have been thinking about for months) I will not know if the sites are optimized and setup right. Call me a contole freak. Are you $200 sites SEO or do you come in at a later time and tweak away?

Chris
11-09-2003, 01:01 PM
I pay $200 just for the design. I have it designed according to my specifications so that it will be SE friendly. Then I take the template that has been created and fill it with my content.

Chris
11-09-2003, 01:02 PM
http://www.designoutpost.com/forums/?showtopic=1445

That is an example of my most recently purchased design.

sussmal
11-09-2003, 06:27 PM
Chris, I reviewed the contest forum. Lets say I ask for a complete face lift of my site, since all the content is already on my site will the developers create the HTML, graphics, and CSS files?

Chris
11-09-2003, 07:50 PM
If you ask for that, yes.