PDA

View Full Version : Photo Selling Script or Add On

Todd W
01-08-2006, 06:09 PM
This is what i`m looking for.

Someone views my photo gallery, they can vew 400x400 (scaled) with my logo overlay but if they want to use the med. size or full size they have to pay we`ll just say $1 and $2 and for a 3rd size(raw maybe?) $3.

I`m looking for software that has the funciontality to allow.

1. Upload batches into categories.
a. Auto-Resize from original.
b. Add logo overlay to small size.

2. Accept paypal, and auto-deliver the ordered image size.
a. User accounts.
b. Tracks purchases for user and admin.
c. possible coupon for

Basicaly a coppermine that allows me to sell different versions/resolutions of the work. Coppermine has an addon to allow peopl eto order printed pictures, what I`m looking for is to sell "online/electronic" versions of higher resolution of pictures.

Has anyone seena script like this?

-Todd

Chris
01-08-2006, 07:11 PM
I don't know of anything like this, I think you'd have to custom code it.

Understand though that with small $1 transactions most of that will be eaten by credit card fees. You'd be better off making it a membership system whereby members of certain levels get certain access to all pictures. This would also make coding much simpler as it'd be a basic membership system.

Todd W
01-08-2006, 07:17 PM
I don't know of anything like this, I think you'd have to custom code it.

Understand though that with small $1 transactions most of that will be eaten by credit card fees. You'd be better off making it a membership system whereby members of certain levels get certain access to all pictures. This would also make coding much simpler as it'd be a basic membership system.

I was afraid of that.

Good idea about memberships! It adds a whole new spin to this idea.

Avix
01-09-2006, 03:01 AM
ktools offer a script similar to what you described.

I am currently using it to build a website for a photographer client.

Only thing I am finding is that it is quite hard to change the structure of the site from their template.