PDA

View Full Version : How would I market?

Ben
01-07-2006, 05:21 AM
Hi,

I am wondering how would you go about marketing a music forum? I would like your ideas on how I could go about marketing my newly released music forum? It has been up a month and a bit and I all the members were forced to go there by me. About 57% of the posts are also made by me, the success is lacking.

How could I go about marketing it more efficiently? I am not a person who frequents music forums, I have just started to. Do you know any way I could market it, get more members? Another forum who (supposedly my competition) is getting members from a service known as zoint? I visited it and don't know what is about?

I do not want to provide my url, as I don't think it matter

Dural
01-07-2006, 08:11 AM
You can post on other music forums and put a link to your site in your signature. If you have a way to make money from the site, you might think about advertising. If there's anything newsworthy about your site, issue a press release.

From what I understand though, forums do much better when they're part of a larger content site. In other words, write articles and/or start a blog.

r2d2
01-07-2006, 09:34 AM
Yes, the best way to get people there is to have some articles on the subject. Thats how you'll get people to your site.

Also post in other music forums and mention your forum when relevant + sig.

To give you an idea of traffic needs, my house buying forum has been up for two months, I get around 50 to 100 visitors a day to the site, and have no posts other than mine yet :)

Cutter
01-07-2006, 11:31 AM
These guys pretty much covered it. On top of that, when you got the traffic, you need to make it easy for people to sign up and register.

etech-martin
01-07-2006, 04:57 PM
I agree with all of the above posts. That have mentioned quite things. :)
I think you should consider niche market. For promotion of forum, link exchange and affiliate programs are also good. You should tell your friends and relatives to pass on information as word of mouth is the great tool to get traffic. :)

I think you should also add good forum sections and topics as your targeted visitors get excitement to register and post. The forum owners should also make a routine to post and start new thread regularly. ;)

organ
01-09-2006, 07:54 AM
get a hack is best way, for example $ 0.5 per post

Cutter
01-09-2006, 03:09 PM
If you have to pay people to post, either your in the wrong market or you are doing something else wrong.

organ
01-09-2006, 08:30 PM
If you have to pay people to post, either your in the wrong market or you are doing something else wrong.
hack can gain more professional article and more popular.
because you can select value posts.
As ben's forum have just started and no enough member.
when someone visit, what they think?
it's not professional.
remember! Hack not forever, it just some period.
You can cancel when the member enough.

James
01-09-2006, 11:35 PM
Sorry, organ, I agree with Cutter.
There are other methods like drawing REAL people to the forum who will help get the ball rolling on it, etc. they cost less, result in more realistic discussions, and help build a tighter community in the end.

john190
02-08-2006, 09:07 PM
I don't know why you didn't want to include your link here as you don't think it matters.

If you want to promote your forums then that is what you have to do. You have to get your link added to as many sites as possible. The more sites you add it to the more exposure you will get.

You never know. A few people that visit this thread may have been interested in joining.

Hi,

I am wondering how would you go about marketing a music forum? I would like your ideas on how I could go about marketing my newly released music forum? It has been up a month and a bit and I all the members were forced to go there by me. About 57% of the posts are also made by me, the success is lacking.

How could I go about marketing it more efficiently? I am not a person who frequents music forums, I have just started to. Do you know any way I could market it, get more members? Another forum who (supposedly my competition) is getting members from a service known as zoint? I visited it and don't know what is about?

I do not want to provide my url, as I don't think it matter