PDA

View Full Version : New Site

Sean
12-31-2005, 09:18 PM
I finished my font site just in time for the new year (trying for one site per month).

I still have a couple of unimportant things to add, but the important stuff is done. The layout/logo are pretty boring but they serve their purpose.

I was pretty proud of the coding even though it's not that complicated. Thanks to Chris for this article (http://www.websitepublisher.net/article/search_engine_friendly_urls/) which helped me turn the site into a single dynamic php file that is accessed with seo friendly URLs instead of several pages like I would have done before. This is going to come in handy for the big sites I am working on/planning.

It feels really good to finish adding the startup fonts. Really helped me develop some more much-needed discipline which should also come in handy

Comments, questions or suggestions?

Oh yeah and happy new years.

Chris
12-31-2005, 10:30 PM
I'd get rid of the autoredirect from your root to /fonts

If you must, duplicate the /fonts file and name it index.php.

This is for SEO reasons.

Sean
12-31-2005, 11:49 PM
I'd get rid of the autoredirect from your root to /fonts

If you must, duplicate the /fonts file and name it index.php.

This is for SEO reasons.

Thanks for the heads up.

deronsizemore
01-01-2006, 09:13 AM
Looks nice to me! Where did all of your fonts come from?

Cutter
01-01-2006, 10:18 AM
Looks good. One suggestion (which you probably aren't going to like) I would increase the saturation of that green a little bit. On the other hand, you could just increase the saturation of the green in the Adsense which should help the clickthrough rate.

Sean
01-01-2006, 04:33 PM
Looks nice to me! Where did all of your fonts come from?

Just from freeware font makers and free font sites around the web.

Looks good. One suggestion (which you probably aren't going to like) I would increase the saturation of that green a little bit. On the other hand, you could just increase the saturation of the green in the Adsense which should help the clickthrough rate.

Yeah, I seem to have an obsession with making ads blend in even if they are in spots where standing out would be ideal. I'll give that a shot.

Thanks.

Cutter
01-01-2006, 05:04 PM
Test it out with some traffic, I could be wrong.

Sean
01-01-2006, 06:36 PM
Test it out with some traffic, I could be wrong.

Will do. heh

Sean
01-01-2006, 06:58 PM
Actually, while I'm here anyone know how to speed up the updating of the htaccess redirects?

I don't know if it's specifically on my server or if it's always like this, but when I update a redirect it takes a few days before the change takes place.