PDA

View Full Version : Site structure question

agua
12-21-2005, 05:31 AM
How would a site work, regards search engines and Adsense, which had a large amount of articles on a niche subject but with no real category structure - so it just had a list of say 20 main pages (all linked together) listing 20 links per page to articles with a short description underneath each) all pages SEO optimised and Mod Rewrite used for the urls?

What are your thoughts on such sites?

Would it be classed as seo spam?

Chris
12-21-2005, 07:40 AM
It wouldn't be spam, it'd just be a fully meshed structure.

With such a structure your main page will not be as focused with PageRank, instead it will be spread out more. This is good if you plan on getting the articles ranked rather than your homepage.

Remember also though, that if you added categories, each category homepage would be another chance for a nice SE ranking.

agua
12-22-2005, 09:29 PM
Thanks Chris - for this site I am going to stick with meshed structure - but I am working on a few others with a category structure.

I'm new to this - so experimentation is good (I think :))

peach
12-23-2005, 09:52 AM
Thanks Chris - for this site I am going to stick with meshed structure - but I am working on a few others with a category structure.

I'm new to this - so experimentation is good (I think :))
If you understand the mechanics you can pretty much predict what structure is going to work best.

Here is a good paper on the material:
http://www.iprcom.com/papers/pagerank/