PDA

View Full Version : So I signed up for ResellerZoom account...

deronsizemore
12-18-2005, 10:30 PM
Okay, I finally got a reseller account with ResellerZoom. It's their BudgetOne plan here (http://www.resellerzoom.com/budget-reseller.shtml).

I am having a little trouble understanding how the WHM works. I'll eventually be hosting 5 or more of my own sites and I'll move up to a bigger plan when the time comes, but for right now I am only wanting to add one more of my sites to the reseller account. Do I need to set a specific bandwith and quota limits on each new account I create or can I just leave it set at "unlimited"? For this budget plan I can only host up to 50 sites...so I didn't know if I were to just set new accounts up and have them using "unlimited" space and badwidth, if they would all use up the same 2000MB and 30GB that I have with that BudgetOne plan. Or for example if I set up a new car site, would I have to specify with that car account that I only want 40MB of the 2000MB available space to be used for that car account?

Hopefully this makes sense.

Thanks

Masetek
12-19-2005, 03:50 AM
Man, that accounts cheap! Might have to get me one of those.

With WHM you need to setup account packages. For exmaple, I setup 2 account packages - std, and large. std had a small amount of space and BW and large had large disk space and BW. You need to set these up first before you actually add any accounts. This is so you dont "oversell" your available bw/disk space (unless they allow you to oversell, which my host doesn't).

Click the account packages link on the left hand side and follow the instructions :)

Does that make sense?

James
12-19-2005, 04:44 AM
I'm not really trusting those prices. What's the catch?

Have any of you heard about this company, good/bad things?

MarkB
12-19-2005, 04:59 AM
Good (http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=469606&highlight=resellerzoom) and bad (http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=468486&highlight=resellerzoom).

deronsizemore
12-19-2005, 09:15 AM
I've heard only good things about ResellerZoom. Well all except for Mark B's links, but the bad link that was provided almost seemed like the guy was asking for trouble when his "disgruntled friend" hacked his sites...doesn't seem like the hosts fault to me. He also said 45 minute response time was lousy, well 45 mintues compared to my last host of usually 24 hours is amazing!

The best thing for me is that I'm only paying them 5 bucks on a month by month basis, so if something happens and I get screwed then I'll cancel, no biggy. I doubt it will happen though. Like I said, I've heard to much good things about them.

Man, that accounts cheap! Might have to get me one of those.

With WHM you need to setup account packages. For exmaple, I setup 2 account packages - std, and large. std had a small amount of space and BW and large had large disk space and BW. You need to set these up first before you actually add any accounts. This is so you dont "oversell" your available bw/disk space (unless they allow you to oversell, which my host doesn't).

Click the account packages link on the left hand side and follow the instructions :)

Does that make sense?

I'm about half way understanding you. :) ResellerZoom does allow Overselling. Here is what they have wrote about it: "Overselling enabled is where we take the amount of disk space and bandwidths ACTUAL USE between all your accounts.

For example, if you had the 5 GB space and 50 GB transfer plan and you decided to offer plans such as 1 GB space and 10 GB transfer on your site, you would only be able to offer it to 5 clients.

With overselling enabled, you would be able to offer as many as you want as long as the aggregated amount USED does not go over the 5 GB space and 50 GB transfer."

Which if I'm understanding that correctly I do not need to separate different bandwidth and space amounts per site, they will all just pull from what I have availible and when it's over the limite it's over...is that correct?

Masetek
12-19-2005, 04:09 PM
Yeah overselling is good if you're actually reselling your account because you might off somsone 100mb/5gig and chnace are they only have a small site and won't use hardly any of that.

I wouldn't worry about going over your limit just yet though, unless you've got something available for downloading!

So yeah, just setup an account package for what you think you might need. And then you can start adding your sites

deronsizemore
12-19-2005, 07:20 PM
Sorry to keep asking so many questions.

So I've got my account package which is the Budget One Plan (http://www.resellerzoom.com/budget-reseller.shtml) So I can just set up up to 50 sites and they will all use the alloted 2000 MB of space and 30 GB of bandwidth?

ozgression
12-19-2005, 08:24 PM
I'm not really trusting those prices. What's the catch?

Have any of you heard about this company, good/bad things?

I've used them for about a year. They are ok, but they've had a few problems in recent months.

Masetek
12-20-2005, 03:51 AM
Sorry to keep asking so many questions.

So I've got my account package which is the Budget One Plan (http://www.resellerzoom.com/budget-reseller.shtml) So I can just set up up to 50 sites and they will all use the alloted 2000 MB of space and 30 GB of bandwidth?

Yeah pretty much, but you still have to setup at least 1 package and assign each of your sites to it

deronsizemore
12-20-2005, 07:33 AM
Thanks, I'll mess with it and see what happens! :)