PDA

View Full Version : General Ad Serving Question

GCT13
11-06-2003, 01:07 PM
I need some help from those of you who use ad networks on a regular basis (I have no experience with ad networks).

I will need to use some ad serving technology soon to maintain my sold campaigns and serve house ads when I'm between campaigns.

I'll need to track impressions, clicks, and be able to set campaigns on a cpm, cpc, or timeline basis, and assign ads run-of-site or only on specific areas of the site.

I'm assuming the above requirements are standard for most of the major ad companies??

How does pricing work when I'm only interested in ad serving (and not displaying ads bought by the ad netword)?

Who would you recommend for ad-serving only?

Thanks in advance for your feedback,

Chris
11-06-2003, 02:00 PM
For ad serving only I'd recommend Fastclick hand's down.

Their software is really great.

Their division that handles this sort of thing is adserver.com

GCT13
11-06-2003, 02:21 PM
Super, I'll take a look.

Chris
11-06-2003, 03:43 PM
By the way -- if you buy it and like it you should write a review on it.

Shawn
11-06-2003, 03:47 PM
Chris, can you jump on AIM?

michael_gersitz
11-06-2003, 04:07 PM
I simply use a banner exchange software that alows me to control every ad on my sites trough one admin panel, for various sizes. It works great! I have like 5 banners in it now, with 5 different affiliate URL's. I also have the ability to sell advertising on my sites quickly and easily.

GCT13
11-07-2003, 09:14 AM
Adserver.com looks nice but the monthly minimum fee is $2500... too steep.

michael_gersitz, what do you use?

michael_gersitz
11-07-2003, 03:07 PM
My php guy is working on a upgrade, but I have him overworked as it is, so it will not be done to soon.

http://www.jtemplates.com - see those 125x125 ads and that 468x60 banner on the bottom, they are run by the program.

It is just the free script from http://phpwebscripts.com , I think it is called "Easy Banner" or something..

Chris
11-07-2003, 03:14 PM
FC must have upped prices -- I don't remember it being that expensive or even a monthly fee (you used to be able to just buy the software for a couple hundred).