PDA

View Full Version : No targetting

Masetek
12-16-2005, 06:34 PM
I'm just busted out a few new articles for my new multi site cms I built but I am running into problems with adsense targetting, or lack there of it!

I have my article saved in the db and I have a processing funtion that turns \n into <br> and [H1] into <h1></h1> etc etc.

When I want to add an some adsense ads to the article I click a button that add %ADSENSE_SQ_RIGHT% to the db entry. Now my processing function then uses str_replace to replce it with the <div> of the right floating ad.

All this info is stored in a variable and echoed to the page. Now my problem is, I am getting no targetting at all. None. Im just getting hurricane victims ads.

Im not 100% sure what this is, but it must have something to do with the way Ive coded it.

Does anyone know a way to fix this?

Todd W
12-16-2005, 06:45 PM
I'm just busted out a few new articles for my new multi site cms I built but I am running into problems with adsense targetting, or lack there of it!

I have my article saved in the db and I have a processing funtion that turns \n into <br> and [H1] into <h1></h1> etc etc.

When I want to add an some adsense ads to the article I click a button that add %ADSENSE_SQ_RIGHT% to the db entry. Now my processing function then uses str_replace to replce it with the <div> of the right floating ad.

All this info is stored in a variable and echoed to the page. Now my problem is, I am getting no targetting at all. None. Im just getting hurricane victims ads.

Im not 100% sure what this is, but it must have something to do with the way Ive coded it.

Does anyone know a way to fix this?

How long has it been showing these ads? Sometimes it takes a couple days to get perfect ads i`ve found.

ozgression
12-16-2005, 07:11 PM
Im just getting hurricane victims ads.

Those sound like public service announcements (PSA's). If the page isn't accessible to the adsense bots (eg. viewable on the web), they wont be able to work out what the page is about. If it is, it may just be taking some time to display, or you may not be seeing the ads because you are in Australia and the ads are mainly US targetted.

Masetek
12-16-2005, 07:21 PM
Yeah they're service announcements.

The thing is, on my pages that are actual html page (not pulled from db) the ads are working. So I copied the exact text from a html page that the ads are working fine on, and make it into an article via the db and Im getting PSA's.

The pages are accessable (ie I can view them, and the html source is ok)

wierd..

Cutter
12-16-2005, 11:34 PM
can you post some links for examples?

Masetek
12-18-2005, 12:16 AM
FYI...

It just seemed to be those article that have no targetting, I wrote some more and they're working fine. Which is wierd, because they are on very similar topics and have vary similar keywords..

Ah well, its workin now...