PDA

View Full Version : New Horror Site Design

Emancipator
12-16-2005, 09:23 AM
Just revamped my horror site. Not done by any means but this is what I have so far. Uses my new v5 cms system http://www.horror-movies.ca/

paul
12-16-2005, 10:22 AM
For me, the flashing banner at the top destroys my ability and willingness to even try and read anything above or 2-3 inches below it.

Shawn
12-16-2005, 10:36 AM
I agree. The flash banner is absolutely horrible.

Become a Netflix affiliate. Get paid $10 per sign up. Attractive banners.

Emancipator
12-16-2005, 11:47 AM
unfortunate we dont have control over the advertisors ads.. if i could block annoying ads it would be the first thing I would do. I use the same banner placement on all my sites. TO me built into the header is better then WHAM BAM on top. thanks for the feedback.

Mike
12-16-2005, 11:49 AM
If the banner wasn't there, I'd really like it :)

Westech
12-16-2005, 11:59 AM
I just wanted to add that your design is pretty nice aside from that awful banner. :D

Cutter
12-16-2005, 12:09 PM
Thus the reason I don't have flash installed in Firefox ;)

Emancipator
12-16-2005, 04:41 PM
thoughts on a better placement for the banner? I thought it was pretty slick, and so far the feedback from people who read my site is positive

paul
12-16-2005, 05:07 PM
... so far the feedback from people who read my site is positive

I thought after I posted my first comment that this may be one of those cases where your audience reacts differently than the members of this forum. I, for example, never go to game sites, watch tv, rent videos etc. So I no doubt come from a very different demographic than your actual visitors.

I don't "see" the ads when I read a magazine or newspaper; maybe your visitors tune out that banner.

Emancipator
12-16-2005, 05:21 PM
I for one 100% tune out all banner ads accept on sites where its really obtrusive, popup or forced down my throat in which case i ignore it. I need ads so in this case I tried my best to 'integrate it'. In the same token I am open to suggestions.

CreationNation
03-06-2006, 02:55 PM
Nice design! I like your selection of textures throughout the different areas. Colors work well too, I expected more reds in the middle, but at the same time, I did not MISS the reds in the middle. Good job!

I'm going to be developing a horror site for my cousin, stayscared.com, soon.