PDA

View Full Version : paypal's buyer's protection sucks

Chris
12-13-2005, 08:45 AM
I just had to file a claim with paypal for a broken item I got off ebay, they said "To get a refund you may be required to ship the item back at your expense." Thats BS, the buyer never pays return shipping on a defective/broken item. I really regret paying for it out of my paypal balance, from now on I will always pay via credit card through paypal so I can just do a chargeback if paypal says I have to pay return shipping.

MarkB
12-13-2005, 09:50 AM
I've had to do two claims through PayPal this year, and it finally showed me just how much PayPal doesn't care about its customers. They just seem so blaise about any problem.

Of course, it depends on who you bought it off, whether they'll accept it back or just credit you.

Todd W
12-13-2005, 10:44 AM
I had been using my paypal account fine for years then all of a sudden I get enough money in there and they say I owe them $600 for this other account. I had thousands in there adn they froze it, the only way to get my money was to pay the $600. If I refused (which appranetly they thought I was doing since 2002 but let me keep using my account...) nothing would happen but I couldn't get my money! Not having a paypal account and not being able to pay for advertising, and other related items hurt me more than the $600 so I had to pony up and pay it... Very rediculous!

moonshield
12-13-2005, 11:13 AM
Personally I don't trust it enough to keep any money in it. I just transfer the money right to my checking account once it arrives.

Paypal is terrible, it's what happens when there is no competition.

MarkB
12-13-2005, 11:46 AM
Fortunately, in the UK PayPal is regulated by the FSA, so there's someone to complain to who can seriously boot PayPal if they were found to do any wrong. Mind you, the FSA is also incompetent half the time (which is why there's a seperate department to handle complaints against the FSA!).

Westech
12-13-2005, 12:38 PM
I've used Paypal a lot over the past several years, both for my web hosting business, and for transactions having to do with my sites. I have transactions going in and out of my account all the time. I've never had any problems with them.

I do get nervous when hearing all of the stories about them randomly freezing people's accounts, so I make sure to keep my balance as small as possible just in case. Any time it goes over a certain amount I dump it into my bank account.

Cutter
12-13-2005, 01:04 PM
I always transfer my money out of paypal within a few days of getting money from someone. Ever notice their credit card offer? No damn way I'm getting that, what if they put their "fees" onto the card and demanded you pay it?

r2d2
12-13-2005, 01:44 PM
...which is why there's a seperate department to handle complaints against the FSA!

I have a complaint with the FSA complaints department!

What do people think of this Google Wallet thing I have heard a little about?

ozgression
12-13-2005, 04:33 PM
from now on I will always pay via credit card through paypal

Yeah, this is what I do and it seems to work fine.

Chris
12-13-2005, 07:51 PM
Normally I pay with credit card, but this one time I had a balance and thought, what the hell....

From now on I transfer the balance out, then pay with credit card.