PDA

View Full Version : domain troubles

kdb003
11-05-2003, 04:30 PM
if you visit my website, you may notice when the page is loading that it says a page from my hosting domain(kdb003.neominds.net) is loading rather than the actual domain(soccersquared.com).

Is there a way for me to fix this problem through the place where I bought the domain, or does it have to be done with my host. Thanks

(the real problem is that kdb003.neominds.net gets all of the pr for this odd reason)

EDIT: i just noticed the domain forum sorry

Chris
11-05-2003, 07:14 PM
This would be the right forum since it is a server issue.

This is caused by weird redirects used by quasi-hosting companies.

One sure fire way to fix this is to get a different hosting account. Otherwise I would complain to your host about them not properly setting up your DNS (if they offer actual virtual hosting and are not just a cheap/free service that offers a kind of domain redirect virtual hosting).

kdb003
11-05-2003, 09:19 PM
it is free hosting, so that would explain it

Shawn
11-05-2003, 09:33 PM
kbd003, need free hosting? I own a server, give me your bandwidth/space stats and we can work something out.

kdb003
11-06-2003, 01:11 PM
wow, that is quite generous of you

I have no idea what my bandwidth is because logging is disabled on the server, but I think it is less than 5gb(but growing). Right now my host gives me 5gb(upgradable to 10 for free if you need it), but im not sure if he can track the bandwidth either.

the site does not take up very much space at all(2.36mb), but that does not include the mysql database. My host currently allows for 50mb(upgradable to 100mb).

along with a mysql database, I require php, .htaccess, 1 email account, ability to apply the domain properly, and the ability to install phpmyadmin.

if you are unable to provide what I require it is ok, and i understand.

if there are any other stipulations, please mention them.

you can contact me at webmaster@soccersquared.com or
kdb003@hotmail.com

thanks,
kris

MarkB
11-08-2003, 09:17 AM
If Shawn is unable to help, I'd be happy to help you out. All I'd ask for is a link in your footer (ie, "hosted by...") of your main page (or all of them if you're willing;)).

But if Shawn's already sorted it out for you, cool :)

I can basically offer you all you need + cpanel access.

kdb003
11-08-2003, 09:19 PM
MarkB, I declined Shawn's deal and would be willing to place the hosted by link in my footer.

Please PM me with details.

edit: many thanks to MarkB for hosting and a solution to this problem