PDA

View Full Version : check it out

Chris
12-10-2005, 05:49 PM
http://www.google.com/search?num=100&hl=en&lr=&safe=off&c2coff=1&rls=GGLD%2CGGLD%3A2004-44%2CGGLD%3Aen&q=boxed+art

not even trying. But its nice, affiliate sales have increased for sure.

Todd W
12-10-2005, 10:34 PM
Congrats - I love checking stats and finding stuff like this.

MarkB
12-11-2005, 02:56 AM
Chris do you have secrets up your sleeve, or do you just do what you've written about in your Guide?

Chris
12-11-2005, 07:22 AM
I have secrets, not about SEO though. For instance the game I'm developing has 2 secrets associated with it, one gameplay based, one revenue based.

vatsia
12-11-2005, 09:36 AM
Have you managed to find developers for your game? I was looking into something similar. What's your estimation of the costs involved?

deronsizemore
12-11-2005, 02:15 PM
Do you own Boxed Art Chris? Or did you just do some SEO stuff for them?

r2d2
12-11-2005, 02:18 PM

I believe Chris is pointing out '4 Web Templates' at #2 in the Google results. You can see this site in his sig.

Chris
12-11-2005, 03:06 PM
Ya... getting ranked #2 just beyond the actual company for the company's name.

Have you managed to find developers for your game? I was looking into something similar. What's your estimation of the costs involved?

I've found a few, still looking for more though. My budget for it is 5 figures.

Shawn
12-11-2005, 06:04 PM
That's awesome.

http://www.google.com/search?hs=vVb&hl=en&lr=&c2coff=1&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&q=ebay+registration&btnG=Search

It's fun to use old sites to rank for whatever you want in a few days.

Chris
12-11-2005, 07:20 PM
ya I actually saw that the other day shawn... and I reported your #1 competitor for a cloaked redirect.

Shawn
12-11-2005, 08:08 PM
http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=efax&sm=Yahoo%21+Search&fr=FP-tab-web-t-299&toggle=1&cop=&ei=UTF-8

That's another good company ranking -- sendfaxesonline.com. That took a little longer, though.

I've found that ranking for names of companies is 100x easier than ranking for a general term -- it's also much more targeted and converts at a much higher rate.

Shawn
12-11-2005, 08:13 PM
Just to add: People always ask me why they think visitors will click on my site, ranked #3, as opposed to just going directly to the specific companies website normally ranked above me (such as eFax, for example). I'm not exactly sure, but they do.

I think it may be that people are curious to see what reviews or further "unbiased" information they can find out about that company, but yet they still plan on purchasing or signing up during that session. Finding a website with reviews and information the company they're searching for (in the same search) is just an added bonus.

Anyone have any theories?

MarkB
12-12-2005, 02:17 AM
I have secrets, not about SEO though. For instance the game I'm developing has 2 secrets associated with it, one gameplay based, one revenue based.
Yeah, I was talking about SEO secrets. I guess your main advantage is having a crapload of PR to throw behind things :)

Chris
12-12-2005, 07:35 AM
Basically, but that just allows me to get things off to a faster start. Really in this case the benefit is that I can afford to let the site grow slowly since I don't count on it for any income. This is one site that I'm really letting marinate.