11-05-2003, 03:51 PM
so you have a website idea

you bulid the website

you get traffic for the website / in the process of trading links and so on

your waiting for things to get going

what do u do now ?

Shawn
11-05-2003, 06:29 PM
You go over your website until it's perfect.

Use wordtracker.com, find popular keywords that aren't too hard to get into the top #3 with - then implement the keywords into different pages of your site. If you're just hoping for someone to search for "car photos" to reach your site, you won't be successful.

Find a niche and exploit it.

Shawn
11-05-2003, 06:32 PM
Well, I just checked your site. One thing you can do: Where you link to different car pictures "Acura, BMW, etc," add "Pictures" behind EACH one. Sure, it's a lot of work, but it'll pay off.

You'll never turn up close to the top of the search engines using a generic keyword like "BMW," but if you use "BMW Pictures" a lot more people will find you.

s2kinteg916
11-05-2003, 09:49 PM
thanks alot i just added your idea's i was thinking something similiar. But i guess i over thinking or something and totally missed that

Percept
11-06-2003, 12:17 PM
I noticed you use the words "pictures" and "photos", is this intentially ? Maybe it's best to check wich when gets the most searches ( true wordtracker ) and focus on only one of the two ?

Chris
11-06-2003, 01:37 PM
"pics" is actually the most popular.

s2kinteg916
11-06-2003, 03:36 PM
So is it best to target car pics ? because i see the pagerank is 5/10 and it seems to have less commercial sites vs car pictures and gets more seaarches

Chris
11-06-2003, 03:51 PM
Sure, if you can deal with the poor grammar.

s2kinteg916
11-10-2003, 09:01 AM
im a bit confused should i focus on adding more images to the photo albums ? or should i start with content ?

for example
car articles
car refinance information
other car info

or should i start adding images to the photo albums ?

MarkB
11-10-2003, 09:08 AM
More images will only make people who find your site stay longer, IMO. More content will get more pages indexed, and therefore more chance of people finding you in the first place :)

chromate
11-10-2003, 09:54 AM
To start with, I would concentrate on silling the site up with pictures as that will be thr primary reason people will visit your site. Then diversify with the articles and reference info.

Make sure you have the right linking structure and index page content to get the position you want in the search engine though. The pictures wont do anything for you in this respect.

So, concentrate on your entrance page content and your pictures and worry about the rest a bit later.

chromate
11-11-2003, 03:34 AM
Originally posted by chromate
To start with, I would concentrate on filling the site up with pictures as that will be thr primary reason people will visit your site. Then diversify with the articles and reference info.

Make sure you have the right linking structure and index page content to get the position you want in the search engine though. The pictures wont do anything for you in this respect.

So, concentrate on your entrance page content and your pictures and worry about the rest a bit later.