PDA

View Full Version : Seasonality

Westech
12-07-2005, 12:29 PM
We all know that this time of year (leading up to Christmas) has the most advertising spending and thus the most ad revenue for publishers. What time of year is typically the low point?

I'm trying to do some forecasting and I'm hoping that I can get some input from those of you who have been consistently running CPM ads over several ad networks for the past few years about what month(s) to expect as the low point of the year.

Cutter
12-07-2005, 02:45 PM
Seasonality really is all over the place depending what your topic is. If you sell designer swim trunks, I would guess Christmas isn't exactly a hot time.

There is another issue here too, and that is overall ad spending growth, which should continue to climb dramatically for at least another 4 to 5 years. The stuff I've been reading at JupiterResearch, and other places, is saying that most companies are allocating 10% or more of their ad budgets in 2006 for internet spending.

I don't know if that really answers your question, but its something to think about.

ozgression
12-07-2005, 02:52 PM
If you sell designer swim trunks, I would guess Christmas isn't exactly a hot time. It would if you shipped to Australia. :p

As for the question, I don't really run CPM ads. But, I don't really any variations, season to season from CPC and CPA ads.

Chris
12-07-2005, 03:04 PM
For me its summer because my revenue of my largest site is tied to the school year. June, July, August. May is actually normally my best ad sales month. September-December is definitely the gravy period though.

ASP-Hosting.ca
12-08-2005, 09:51 AM
I don't run CPM ads either, but the summer is the lowest ad revenue wise.