PDA

View Full Version : Don't switch to yahoo domains

Masetek
12-02-2005, 09:00 PM
I just went to purchase my 5th domain with yahoo and was informed that I am no longer elligable for discounted domains. Guess I should have read the fine print. The usual price is $9.95/year.

1 Web Hosting and Merchant Solutions discount offers are open to new customers that purchase Web Hosting or Merchant Solutions and apply for 3 months after which the then current monthly or annual fees will be charged. Domains, Web Hosting, and Merchant Solutions discount fee offers expire on and must be redeemed prior to 12/31/2005. No other notice of the expiration of this Offer will be given. All offers are open to new Yahoo! Small Business customers only, and are only available through Yahoo! Small Business. Customers are limited to one Offer per customer on a single account for customer's own purchase only and is non-transferable, and may not be combined with other offers and discounts, exchanged or redeemed for cash. Other terms and conditions apply; see the Yahoo! Small Business Terms of Service when you sign up. Yahoo! expressly reserves the right to change the price or features of these services in its sole discretion at any time.

Chris
12-02-2005, 09:04 PM
I thought there might be something like that. Figured Yahoo was catering to the small time personal user rather than businesses

weirdmonkey
12-02-2005, 09:17 PM
Oh my god.

Can we "cancel" ?

Masetek
12-02-2005, 09:20 PM
You still get the domains you purchased at the discounted price (i did mine for 5 years) but it just wont let you register any more at $2.95/year

James
12-02-2005, 09:27 PM
I did mine for 5 years, too.
I knew they had this, but couldn't find that find print for the other thread and therefore thought that they'd removed it.

Todd W
12-03-2005, 01:43 AM
Personaly, I would rather pay $3-$4 more per-domain and have them all in one spot with an excellant control panel like I have at enom.

I hate moving domains, and worrying about which one is where etc.

deronsizemore
12-03-2005, 06:42 AM
Personaly, I would rather pay $3-$4 more per-domain and have them all in one spot with an excellant control panel like I have at enom.

I hate moving domains, and worrying about which one is where etc.

Same here. I'm in the process of getting all mine moved to NameCheap. I have some at Enom and some at NameCheap right now.

Westech
12-03-2005, 09:22 AM
Still, if you have a large number of domains couldn't you save a lot of money by registering or renewing all of your domains for 5 years at Yahoo during the discount period and then transferring them back to your prefered registrar?

Masetek
12-03-2005, 04:16 PM
Well I still got 4 good domains for 5 years, so it's all good. I'll just go back to namecheap now