PDA

View Full Version : 2006 Goals/Plans

Todd W
12-01-2005, 11:12 PM
Is it to early to talk about our 2006 goals and/or plans?

My goal will be to actualy start making more sites that I enjoy, and start to treat this as a business instead of a job.

I also want to prioritize better.

Income goals over $10k/month.

James
12-01-2005, 11:18 PM
I hope to hit the $1000-3000+ monthly range. Make a few websites I love to run, make a few I hate to run but don't have to because their either automated or I've got people to do it--and have both categories very profitable for me (of course). Make better use of my time, and maybe hit 2nd year of going for my CIS degree, and figure out what other than CIS I wanna take.

ToddW, do you earn enough that your goal is a reasonable thing? Or are you planning of working a lot harder?

Todd W
12-01-2005, 11:21 PM
I hope to hit the $1000-3000+ monthly range. Make a few websites I love to run, make a few I hate to run but don't have to because their either automated or I've got people to do it--and have both categories very profitable for me (of course). Make better use of my time, and maybe hit 2nd year of going for my CIS degree, and figure out what other than CIS I wanna take.

ToddW, do you earn enough that your goal is a reasonable thing? Or are you planning of working a lot harder?

Reasonable, less than double my current income.
Haven't worked much in the last 8 months for myself (I have been programming for a local company, and going to class full time.) If I could work a good 3-4 hours a day for myself there would be no problem; however, I`m lazy, and enjoy my hobbys.

I have 1 major site (for me) in the works, and a bunch of off-road related ones that are ideas w/domains heh.

-Todd

MarkB
12-01-2005, 11:31 PM
If I can get income to $4k a month, I'd be happy. That means 10x what I'm making now, though, and would require better traffic to current sites (and better new sites). So we'll see :)

agua
12-02-2005, 01:02 AM
I aim to work smarter and think harder...

I've had 1000's of ideas this year. I have spent the last 3 months mulling them over and now have narrowed them down to a select few, which I am going to really concentrate on...

I'm looking forward to heading into the new year too, which is the first time for a very, very long time :D

r2d2
12-02-2005, 01:22 AM
If I can get income to $4k a month, I'd be happy. That means 10x what I'm making now, though, and would require better traffic to current sites (and better new sites). So we'll see :)

That would be nice, roughly the same for me too! Unfortunately I will be finishing up my MSc for the first 6months of 2006, then I should hopefully be developing my first property.

I have a nice idea for a big new site, will have to make time to create it - or I guess pay for some of it. Lots to do, but 'The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People' should help - I'm about half way through now. Great book, would thoroughly recommend it.

Mike
12-02-2005, 02:24 AM
Heh I wondered when this thread would pop up :)

I'm really disappointed with myself for this last year, I've hardly worked at all. Every day in the summer I was out, so that meant no work on sites. It's taken me until now to realise in what a mess they are in.

Still I'm making a decent amount. So this year I just aim to redesign, and totally revamp most of my sites to get them to a better standard and hopefully that will mean more profit.

MarkB
12-02-2005, 02:38 AM
I think it'd be cool to have a small group for offering advice and encouragment, and measuring success with, without the lurkers and public scrutiny. Anyone else up for that? Perhaps Chris could offer a private forum here?

Blue Cat Buxton
12-02-2005, 03:18 AM
I have been toying with splitting my projects into 2 -

to grow established sites

and then develop a range of new sites to produce a specific goal - say $1000 a month or $100 a day, something like that. I want to try fro new income streams - produce an ebook, develop some email lists, some ppc campaigns etc - but further to a couple of recent posts am loath to make this a 'public project' as I can do without the immediate competiton as they are starting up

I have a few domains and sites that I have started but are not making money, so this would be a way to develop these and also focus on 'established' sites that really should be pulling in more money.

I really want to go into 2006 at a run though, so will be developing my idaes over the next few weekst to achieve this.

chromate
12-02-2005, 06:01 AM
$7k+ profit a month by the end of 2006 as a goal.

10 - 15 new content sites.

I also want to at least make a start on building communities and user relationships via mailing lists. I haven't done this before.

I would still like to do some ecommerce. But then I seem to say that every year ;) Perhaps in 2006 I actually will have a ecommerce site, even if it's just a small add-on to a content site.

michael_gersitz
12-02-2005, 09:13 AM
I hope just to pull in $500 per day. which will make me $182,000 for the year.

I hope to bring in at least 100$ from web publishing per day. Proboally another $100 from search engine advertising. The other $200 proboally from playing poker. (which would be a very considerable day) Maybe the last $50 from selling things on ebay. Maybe I will even put $50 more towards sports betting.

I think it can be done if I do it right. :)

asphalt
12-02-2005, 10:16 AM
Goals for 2006, $1000.00 a month profit, and build 3 more sites.

Chris
12-02-2005, 10:22 AM
I want to gross 7 figures. It was my same goal for this year, didn't make it though I don't think.

thebillionaire
12-02-2005, 03:27 PM
im not gonna think about it, I know what my goal is. I bring it up once and and just leave it at the back of my head, then I just concentrate on little goals/steps and it just turns out pretty good. If I think of long term then it may either seem too big, if I fail Ill get dissapointed, or I will be like I have a whole year so ill try harder next month and so on until the years passed.

Todd W
12-02-2005, 03:38 PM
im not gonna think about it, I know what my goal is. I bring it up once and and just leave it at the back of my head, then I just concentrate on little goals/steps and it just turns out pretty good. If I think of long term then it may either seem too big, if I fail Ill get dissapointed, or I will be like I have a whole year so ill try harder next month and so on until the years passed.

Without goals there are no failures?
Not true.

You have some goals or you wouldn't have posted :p

thebillionaire
12-02-2005, 05:23 PM
I didnt say that I dont have goals, I said I think of some then just leave them at the back of my head and but full attention to small goals

Masetek
12-02-2005, 05:48 PM
Ahhh I love goal threads...

1. Write more content. Build smaller sites into large content sites.

2. Make each site #1 in it's niche

3. Make 5k+/month by the end of the year

4. Get into ecommerce (well, we'll see I guess...)

BTW, I like the idea of a private forum :)

Cutter
12-02-2005, 06:15 PM
Revenues of $200,000 (I've got a long way to go ;) )

I also have several very large projects I'm working on with very strong potential which I'd like to see roaring to life by mid 2006.

AndyH
12-02-2005, 07:30 PM
Earn more. :)

Doug
12-05-2005, 09:52 PM
My biggest goal is to be earning enough to cover a part time income so I don't have to work by fall semester of next year. I've decided that that will be $1000 a month profit even though I only make about 500-600 now at my job. This would mean I could focus more time on school and have a little extra spending money.