PDA

View Full Version : First Aid Kits

Kyle
11-29-2005, 11:27 PM
Just finished a new site covering First Aid Kits www.firstaidkits.org (http://www.firstaidkits.org).

This is a very targetted niche with extremely high CPC, and low competition.

Any webmasters with health-related sites interested in exchanging links or forming global page link partnerships? The site has an instant pagerank 6 all from completely respectable link backs. No scammy/spammy pagerank generating bull**** or purchasing of links.

Shawn
11-30-2005, 07:59 AM
It DID have a low competion :)

Maybe you could add the ability where people can submit stories on where/why they had to use a First Aid Kit in the past (also how it helped).

That would encourage interests in First Aid Kits, in general.

Chris
11-30-2005, 08:09 AM
Might be a good site to get into ecommerce with.

Cutter
11-30-2005, 09:39 AM
I better get to work on my first aid kits site! just kidding ;)

deronsizemore
11-30-2005, 02:54 PM
Might be a good site to get into ecommerce with.

How would you suggest getting into ecommerce with something like a first aid kit? I know in our other discussion we talked about going to a local manufacturer and buying bulk, but lets suppose for first aid kits there is no one locally that manufacture's them. How would you approach the situation then?

Chris
11-30-2005, 03:01 PM
Search for a manufacturer (s).

There are alot of premade first aid kits out there but nearly anything. There are car first aid kits. Camping first aid kits. Hunting first aid kits. First aid kits for sports. Small home kits.

If you cannot find a manufacturer online, go shopping. Go find a store selling them, the manufacturer's name is usually somewhere on the product.

Or, if your volume really really was high, you could make them yourself and then work with the bandage etc manufacturers.

Kyle
11-30-2005, 03:48 PM
It DID have a low competion :)

Maybe you could add the ability where people can submit stories on where/why they had to use a First Aid Kit in the past (also how it helped).

That would encourage interests in First Aid Kits, in general.

I don't mind at all when I have a good domain backing me up. If I didn't have confidence in building links or a keyword domain, then I wouldn't share the idea here.

Thanks for the content ideas. I definitely will need them.

Some things my dad (the author) and I plan to do are taking pictures of many of the unique items, perhaps having movies of certain first aid issues in action.

Kyle
11-30-2005, 03:56 PM
My plan is to first test the waters with Google ads. I'm really curious how it will perform with a #1 on Yahoo/MSN in a month or two (hopefully I can rank it up that fast).

I'm not a fan of ecommerce, eventhough there's good money to be made. At one point, Survive Outdoors actually had a first aid kit that we made. We were going to try and get it into local stores. Didn't happen though.

MarkB
11-30-2005, 04:16 PM
Kyle, that's a nice looking site man. Best of luck with it :)

chromate
11-30-2005, 06:05 PM
Looks like it will turn out to be a perfect example of a great niche content site. Good luck with it!