PDA

View Full Version : Adsense introduces directly advertising

danielng
11-26-2005, 12:37 PM
What's New - November 2005
Gain new advertisers directly from your webpages

Your content is valuable. And starting within the next two weeks, advertisers will be able to bid for placement on your site right from your web pages. With Onsite Advertiser Sign-up, a new feature of AdSense, your AdSense ad units will display an 'Advertise on this site' link that takes interested advertisers to a page which you can tailor for your business. On this page they can see your details about your site and the Google AdWords program. Advertisers who sign up for AdWords through this landing page will create an ad automatically targeted to your site, and your site alone. And more advertisers competing to display ads on your site means more revenue for you.

Before Onsite Advertiser Sign-up becomes active, we recommend you customize the landing page advertisers will see when they click your 'Advertise on this site' link. Just follow these simple steps to customize the landing page with your logo, color scheme and site description today. You can also view our demo for additional feature information and images.

If you'd prefer not to participate in Onsite Advertiser Sign-up, you can opt out before it starts by visiting the My Account tab.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not sure if this has been discussed before, I have just signed up for it.

Xander
11-27-2005, 02:21 PM
Doesn't seem like a good idea from a financial position for the website publisher. It seems good for ease of use but surely it would be more beneficial to have potential advertisers contact you direct rather than go through google(and its cuts)?

marcel
11-29-2005, 01:31 PM
Do you get a email when a advertiser signs up ?

davesplace1
12-18-2005, 11:10 PM
Many advertisers already have a AdSense account and are more likely to buy ads from your site if they don't have to set up a new account. Still you would make more money if you sold your ads direct. I have alot of small sites so selling ads would be alot of extra work.