PDA

View Full Version : Am I a criminal?

Kate
11-26-2005, 01:16 AM
Somebody was saying to me the other day that I am breaking copyright laws by using brands in my mini game - http://www.pretty-in-punk.com/buildpunk.html
Is this true?
If so, whoops, they've been there for about 6 months now :P.

James
11-26-2005, 01:24 AM
May be trademark infringement. It's the same reason that all these people on TV (and in some movies, too, actually) have blurred T-shirts and hats, etc.

I doubt they'd go after a small site like your own, but it's really up to you whether you want to risk it or not.

Kate
11-26-2005, 01:41 AM
I'll risk it :).

Cutter
11-26-2005, 11:07 AM
Yes, but you could get booted off of Adsense.

James
11-26-2005, 01:29 PM
RIGHT, somehow that had slipped my mind.
I'd suggest blurring them temporarily and seeing about getting the companies' permission before you show them un-blurred again. Or just make your own.

Steelsun
03-01-2006, 02:51 PM
Trademark infringment investigations are a big business. There are legal firms and investigators that do nothing but look for infringers and make tons of $$$ for doing that.

For example, if one of the lawfirms that contract with one of the brands you have sees it, they start with cease and desists and demand letters and settle for a relativly minor amount (like $10K). Then after they settle, they will start approaching the other brand holders noted on your site and offer to do the legal work for them, and then hit you for a like amount for each of the other brands.

Blue Cat Buxton
03-02-2006, 02:40 AM
Kate, for some reason that link is going to www.100webads.com & your site is down. May be intentional, but you may want to check your site?