PDA

View Full Version : Using Ad Networks- When to jump in?

devvy
05-08-2003, 02:49 PM
I'm exploring some ways to help cover the rising costs of bandwidth. One thing i'm considering is the use of an ad group like Burst!

My question is - how much traffic should I have before its really a worth while thing to do - worth while being defined as at least a couple hundred dollars a month coming in from the ads.

right now i'm at 76,000 page views and 14K unique visitors and each month this increases by at least 10%. My site topic is very focused. It feels like a lot of traffic to me, but in the scheme of things I don't know if it really is yet.

thanks,

devvy

Chris
05-08-2003, 03:19 PM
You're ready to jump in if you want to.

I personally wait until 100,000 page views a month but for me those are on secondary sites and I can afford to wait since the sites aren't costing me anything (as I have hundreds of gigabytes in unused bandwidth).

With 76k a month from Burst you should get a month check (Burst's check minimum is $50).

I would also recommend joining FastClick -- purely for the popunders. You can serve one per visitor per day and still make good money.

Burst's popunders usually only pay half as much as FC's.

So Burst for banner, FC for popunders.

See Ad network reviews here:

http://www.websitepublisher.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=13

What topic is your site?

devvy
05-08-2003, 06:14 PM
that's good to hear. looking at my logs i might do 100K at month's end. I have done 23K thus far.

my site topic is classics - it provides learning material for ancient greek and latin.

thanks!
devvy

Chris
05-09-2003, 07:46 AM
You might want to check out DueNow.com's affiliate program. With your topic it should perform well.

snoopers
09-26-2003, 06:24 PM
also try Google's AdSense.

Fastclick I think is the best ad network. It has the best rates and lowest default rates.

incka
09-28-2003, 03:14 PM
I dislike fastclick for primary advertiser as it allows sites with little traffic into its network, when it is unlikely they will ever get a check, fastclick will still profit...

I think you should defenatly put ads on your site now, but if there is alot of competiton try to keep them less animated and don't use annoying things such as in-vues because they really annoy people reading things. Google ads and amazon click to buy links are best if this is the case because they blend in with your website.

janelw
10-15-2003, 10:23 PM
I also use adsjunction (http://www.adsjunction.com)
They are the only program that doesn't rely on banner or even outbound link that I am aware of. I My site has very targeted content, has about 100k visitors per month. I averaged about $150 per month so far this year. But that includes about two months when I had some problem with my host...

Chris
10-16-2003, 06:03 AM
100k uniques or 100k impressions?

If uniques you're being seriously underpaid.