PDA

View Full Version : Make money by doing your homework

Shockt
11-21-2005, 03:08 PM
So I got an idea. I have an 8-9 page research essay to do in English that is due by the end of the semester (about three weeks). I remember seeing many people suggest that content-based websites are the best way to get traffic and ad click revenue. Seeing as I dislike my English courses and have a hard time getting the motivation to complete my work, I figured this would be a great opportunity to change that outlook and make some money doing my homework. I know it's a lot to ask but I need suggestions for some researchable topics to write a paper on and eventually publish a website for ad click revenue. I know there are hundreds, if not thousands, of sites about things like mesothelioma and such so I would rather not do another of those. A topic like that would also make it a little more difficult to research. The assignment requires 8-9 pages and 15+ sources from different types of media (newspapers, books, encyclopedias, online articles, and interviews). I would like to write about something technology/computer-related as thats what interests me the most but I am fine with writing about anything that will pull in traffic. If you can post or PM me any suggestions for topics, I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks!

r2d2
11-21-2005, 03:24 PM
Perhaps browse DMOZ and wikipedia for ideas? Should have plenty of sources for err... sources for your essay.

As for direct ideas, perhaps something about keeping your computer safe while connected to the internet?

Chris
11-21-2005, 03:32 PM
I would think long and hard about doing something computer related. There is so much less competition in other areas.

Just throwing out some ideas....

Herbal Supplements (good, bad, unregulated, side effects, huge industry, lawsuits)
Interest Only Mortgages (good, bad, ending up upside down on a house, housing booms)
____ Investing (gold, currency, real estate, livestock. Write about any kind of niche investing and it'd be a high profit website).
Nearly Any Disease and or Health Problem
Anything Tourism or Travel Related
Teeth Whitening

Shockt
11-21-2005, 03:35 PM
I would think long and hard about doing something computer related. There is so much less competition in other areas.

Just throwing out some ideas....

Herbal Supplements (good, bad, unregulated, side effects, huge industry, lawsuits)
Interest Only Mortgages (good, bad, ending up upside down on a house, housing booms)
____ Investing (gold, currency, real estate, livestock. Write about any kind of niche investing and it'd be a high profit website).
Nearly Any Disease and or Health Problem
Anything Tourism or Travel Related
Teeth Whitening
Thanks for the ideas, Chris. The travel/tourism/investment sparked my attention. Currently my parents are doing a lot of investment in property down in Central America (they own an island!). I too am interested in doing some investment like that in the future.. and it would be interesting to write about. Though, I am not sure how easy this would be to research and write 8-9 pages on.

r2d2
11-21-2005, 03:47 PM
Perhaps look at some books on property investment - you should see it will be easy to write 8 or 9 pages on it. You might even find it hard to keep it down to 9 pages!

Shockt
11-21-2005, 03:51 PM
Perhaps look at some books on property investment - you should see it will be easy to write 8 or 9 pages on it. You might even find it hard to keep it down to 9 pages!
So write about the process of investing and everything it includes? Or about the market and why it is a good investment? Or both? :P

r2d2
11-21-2005, 04:26 PM
Whichever you feel most interested in. Maybe write one for the assignment, then write the other part just for your website.

Shockt
11-21-2005, 04:34 PM
Whichever you feel most interested in. Maybe write one for the assignment, then write the other part just for your website.
The idea was to kill two birds with one stone. :cool:

thebillionaire
11-21-2005, 08:01 PM
have something like learning from history take notes from recent and hostorial war and how we are destroying our selves, through pollution and wepons and what not and then top it off with einstiens quote on the 4th war being fought with sticks and stones.

Make sure you get your mark first before publishing online, because our school system has a program to which you submit ur essay and it searches the net and other works ppl submitted from previous years and gives a pecentage copied. So if ur school uses something like that just make sure you put ur essay online after you get your marks

Cutter
11-22-2005, 12:07 AM
Great idea Shockt. I'm going to be throwing some of my research reports online soon too. To me its funny how much time and effort students put into research reports only to have a teacher skim over it. It makes me very happy to know I can spend 5 minutes writing something and have 1,000 people read it today. Besides the money, thats what I love about web publishing ;)

Shockt
11-22-2005, 12:34 AM
have something like learning from history take notes from recent and hostorial war and how we are destroying our selves, through pollution and wepons and what not and then top it off with einstiens quote on the 4th war being fought with sticks and stones.That totally confused me :P

Make sure you get your mark first before publishing online, because our school system has a program to which you submit ur essay and it searches the net and other works ppl submitted from previous years and gives a pecentage copied. So if ur school uses something like that just make sure you put ur essay online after you get your marksAnd yes, I am sure my school does something like this. I didnt plan on publishing it online until I got it back with the corrections my teacher has made.. I dont want to publish something thats grammatically incorrect or confusing.

eMEraLdwPn
11-22-2005, 12:56 AM
this is definitely an interesting idea... i have 4 or 5 research papers i wrote that are 60+ pages together, and then a bunch of shorter ones that are 3-4 pages...

r2d2
11-22-2005, 11:33 AM
Maybe a bit paranoid, but I asked about who actually owned the final work when I was about to start my MSc dissertation (I also had plans on using it for financial gain afterwards) - turns out its technically the universities. Just an interesting point.

mini
11-22-2005, 03:00 PM
Agree r2d2.

Do you think you have to 'web optimised' your research paper before you put it online?

Shockt
11-22-2005, 03:14 PM
Agree r2d2.

Do you think you have to 'web optimised' your research paper before you put it online?
It will most likely be optimized.. split up into categories and maybe add/cut information.